Home   Forum    Forum   Help About Arcade Calendar Gallery Gallery Gallery Gallery Login Register  

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
24/06/2018, 08:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ShoutBox

07/02/2018, 03:10 PM Chalice - Hey can someone pls help me find Norton...he's lost!
23/01/2018, 10:25 PM BoHiCa - sometimes lol
15/01/2018, 09:50 PM Darkkalen - This thing on?
08/12/2017, 08:42 PM Deadalus - FUCK FUCK FUCK
07/12/2017, 05:57 PM BoHiCa - Well that didnt work lol sorry for interruptions. but if we can move to the new version it will fix 
05/12/2017, 11:20 PM BoHiCa - I wouldn't do that, I have and broke shit....
05/12/2017, 04:40 PM Syklone - Testing test test
27/11/2017, 07:08 PM BoHiCa -I see you Ep Wink

23/11/2017, 09:19 PM Darkkalen -Yay!
23/11/2017, 07:57 AM BoHiCa -Happy Birthdya MrMagic !! Hope you like your present Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Death Inc Official Archives - Front Page Posts RSS Feed 2008 - 2010  (Read 42189 times)
Virgil83
Clan Vice-Captain

Have you READ the DI Forums!?!

Awards Awards Awards
« on: 30/07/2012, 07:22 PM »

Hi All,

Trolling through my old Outlook RSS feeds tonight I stumbled across some beauties, but none more deserving of a Death Inc Forum Post than the RSS feed that existed between the end of 2008 through til the start of 2010 (so, most of 2009) when the Death Inc site was still an unholy alliance and mismash of SMF, WordPress and stuck together with bubble gum...

So without further adeu, I offer for your amusement and recollection, the content of the RSS feed from the Death Inc Front Page back then:

14/10/2008 by Z00111111

Today we welcomed a new Official Death Inc. server.
The new Day of Defeat: Source server  is personally funded by our member Fatman. We are looking to enter a casual Death Inc team into a ladder some time in the future, so hop on the server and get some practice in and express your interest.
DoD:S Server details
We are also proud to announce another one of our members will be a providing a Call of Duty 4 Server. Jive Turkey has been running a CoD4 server from his home on-and-off for a while now, but is making the move into a rented dedicated CoD4 server.
CoD4 Server details

View article...

22/11/2008 by Virgil83

The Team at Death Inc are happy to announce the reinstatement of the Death Inc Team Fortress 2 Server.  This server is hosted by Quadeye, Australia’s premier game server hosting company, and is a 16-slot 120FPS+ max Server running the BeetlesMod Admin Plugin.
The Server Details are:
Server IP: 202.157.179.89:27017
Name: Death Inc TF2 Server #1
The details are also available on the Death Inc Website Servers page.
We’re currently looking to staff the Admins of this server from the Clan.  If you’re interested in being a primary or backup Admin, please PM Virgil83.

View article...

19/12/2008 by Virgil83

The Death Inc Forums will be put into Maintenance Mode at 12:00AM (Midnight) Tonight to facilitate a Forum Upgrade.
The Forums should be available again by 1:00AM AEDST.

View article...

20/12/2008 by Virgil83

The version of Wordpress that the Death Inc Website uses as a platform has been updated this morning.
All website contributors should log in via http://www.deathinc.com.au/wp-admin and take a look at the changes.

View article...

24/12/2008 by Virgil83

As the year draws to a close and we wind down for the year to spend time with our loved ones, we would like to extend our best wishes to everyone and hope that you all have a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. Hope you’re all on Santa’s “Good” list!

From Everyone at Death Inc 

View article...

25/12/2008 by Virgil83

The following was my Christmas message for 2008 to all Death Inc Members, and at the request of Dex I’ve been asked to put it up here for the community to read.  This new take on the age old “The Night before Christmas” poem is based on some of our clan’s favourite games, and includes references to some of Death Inc’s own well known members.  Hope you enjoy!

‘Twas the night before Christmas, gamers safe in their house
Each gamer on servers, his hand on his mouse;
Playing Battlefield, Team Fortress, all games with such care,
In hopes at the end, in First Place he’d be there;
The server admins were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of kick-bans and player-slays danced in their heads.
Damit as SpecOps, Chalice moving in for the cap,
And randomizer not knowing, just having a nap,
When suddenly the servers shook with a clatter,
And the gamers, they paused and wondered what was the matter.
Suddenly, Dex, he threw forth a flash,
And bageled led the squad forward, quickly in a dash.
The defenders opened fire but were a little too slow,
As Victor9-5 had secured the territory, way down below,
Then as if magic, an amazing sight did appear,
The Vehicles were replaced by sprites of reindeer,
Sprites of terrorists, and solders were replaced oh so quick,
With elves, and candycanes, and pics of St. Nick.
More rapid than eagles these changes they came,
Until nothing but Christmas images filled that game;
But jstar cared not, he had joined up to fight!
And Reindeer and Eves were all slayed that night!
In Jalalabad, elves, they jumped over the wall!
And on cp_well, reindeer point captured them all!
In gaming, its unfair to have your sprite fly,
But in COD4 the players sailed clear into the sky,
To the intelligence, the bomb, the flag captures they flew,
And fired shots from the sky like avenging angels would do.
In CounterStrike they landed up high on the roof
And zoomed in their rifles with each little hoof.
Smiddi shouldered his gun, and was turning around,
But was struck in the chest by a Critical round.
The aggressor, he was dressed in fur from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with rocket launcher soot;
A bundle of weapons were strapped to his back,
And the gamers all shit, as he unzipped the pack.
His eyes — how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;
The stump of a cigar he held tight in his teeth,
And with him, the names of gamers all spelled out on a wreath;
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.
He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And Yosimete_Sam was scared, in spite of himself;
With a wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
He indicated that Ice was soon to be dead;
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
He pulled out a Railgun like a fat little jerk,
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, the barrel he rose;
With the slightest of sighs and a small little snigger,
His finger, it slipped around the gun’s trigger…
Then he tugged on it slightly, and we were all zapped from sight,
He exclaimed: “Merry Christmas to all, Fuck now THAT was a Fight!”

View article...

7/2/2009 by Smiddi

With the new year coming in so are the new seasons ladders.
DeathInc are looking at building up our teams again to attack the ladders.
If your interested in joining - now’s the time.
See:
http://forums.deathinc.com.au/index.php?board=12.0
- on how to join up and get active.
See you in game,
Smiddi

View article...

10/4/2009 by Chalice

As you may know, in April 2009 the Government will be handing out payments of up to $900 via the ATO to those who submitted their 2008 tax returns on time.
The idea behind the package is basically to give everyone some spending money in the hopes they will inject it into local buisnesses in an attempt to kickstart the economy and thus save us from a recession - so don’t save it…spend it!
For those of you who may be wondering what to do with all that cash here are some ideas straight from my head to your screen:
•   Upgrades for your PC
•   Buy those games you’ve been looking at
•   Go on a holiday…I hear Afghanistan’s nice this time of year
•   Invest wisely so that when the market bounces back you make a decent profit
•   Join a gym – there’s no price tag on your health
•   Treat yourself to a full body wax – feel the burn
•   Buy a chipmunk and pay for guitar lessons for it, just to see the reaction on the instructors face
•   Build a lifesaving tower and outfit and run along a beach – Cuz you love “The Hoff” that much
•   Get a Tattoo of Chuck Norris
•   Buy a self help book and see if it works when your alone and stuck in quicksand
Now some of you may be laughing at these ideas, but we’ll see who’s the idiot when you see me walking down the street completely waxed in a pair of bright red speedo’s, showing off my new Chuck Norris tattoo and carrying a guitar playing chipmunk that is bashing out a heavy metallica riff perfectly, won’t we?
- Chalice
Chalice is an out-of-work Monkey Wrestler who devotes his time to A: Avoiding Creditors, B: Perfecting his escape plans for a Zombie Attack and C: Writing Advice Columns… if you’d like Chalice to tackle an issue close to your heart with his unique insights, please feel free to drop him a Death Inc Forums Personal Message today.

View article...

11/4/2009 by Virgil83

Welcome to the new Death Inc website Blog everyone!
The new Death Inc Blog will include articles from several of our senior members on a wide variety of topics. I hope that over time the pool of talent can be increased and that all members of the Clan will become regular authors and contributors to the Blog. Everyone in our ranks has something interesting and informative to say and share, so we’d all love to see it!
In addition to our non-gaming blog posts, the Clan and Game Captains will be sharing regular updates about Death Inc’s progress on the game ladders, as well as Clan News and Announcements. Additionally, informative posts on a topics about Recruitment, Clan Events and the Gaming Community will keep members, both new and old, up to date on the latest developments in our little corner of the internet.
As always, I am open to suggestions and welcome anyone who is interested in contributing to contact me. For now, make sure that you keep checking the blog, as new content will be uploaded on a continuing regular basis for all to enjoy!
- Virgil83
Virgil83 is the Site Admin and Editor of the Death Inc Blog.  Famous for his addiction to Blackberry and Windows Mobile Smartphones, in his non-working hours he enjoys a geek factor of 10 by watching Star Trek and playing with ever-increasingly complicated network setups in his home office.  Members interested in becoming contributors to the Death Inc Blog should contact him directly via the Death Inc Forums Personal Message system.

View article...

12/4/2009 by News & Announcements

As Easter 2009 draws to a close the Team at Death Inc wishes Everyone a Happy and Safe Easter and hopes that the Easter Bunny was generous to you!
In the spirit of the season, we offer the following Youtube Video:
YouTube Direktvideo link

View article...

14/4/2009 by Bohica

An introduction to start with, you guys and girls know me as Bohica. I’m new to online gaming, but I’ve been LAN-ning since I left home and I’ve been PC mad now for 24 years.
Latrobe Valley Computers:  http://www.lvc.com.au was established in 1989 to cater for the expanding home computer market.  During the early years the business established itself as an alternative to the metropolitan resellers.
In 1995 Latrobe Valley Computers changed direction in it’s business plan with the view to become the principal IT supplier to local businesses.  The business structured itself to be able to supply and service small to medium businesses that lacked the support of local and city based organisations.
Latrobe Valley Computers is now the premier supplier to the Greater Gippsland Area, catering to a vast range of industries from Phillip Island in the west to Orbost in the east.

In 2005 I personally made the step from employee to business partner, being involved in a 20% split in ownership with two others partners owning 40% each and retiring the man that taught me everything I now know about Server builds and Hardware RAID.
In 2007 I took on the extra 30%, “duck shoving” another partner to own a total of 50%.  You can do the math, since there was solicitors and accountants involved but as you can guess -  the outcome was I owe the bank more, but I am one step closer to owning a dream… Just… dont ask the wife what she thinks of the whole thing, but if you’re looking for a full on blog article I may ask her too!
I know “blah blah blah” but hey, when Virgil offered me my own blog I thought “why not??”!
Anywho, I don’t have a complete plan of what I think you guys ‘n girls may want to see from me, so please feel free to shoot me a PM with ideas for topics and I’ll see how I go.
Say Hello to your mum for me!
- Bohica
Bohica is a partner in Latrobe Valley Computers, the premier supplier of IT Services to the Greater Gippsland Area.  Since joining Death Inc he has helped members find great PC and Hardware deals and is now contributing to the Death Inc Blog with information about the latest IT Hardware and specials for our members.  Suggestions for blog topics and purchasing queries can be directed to Bohica via the Death Inc Forums Personal Message system.

View article...

17/4/2009 by Dex

Death Inc met Clan Rupert tonight in the vicinity of Crash, a well known map for Death Inc.
At 6:30pm sharp we rolled out our attack plan as Marines taking it slowly in order to uncover the enemy’s defense. While we lost the first round, it provided the players with valuable intel which lead to the bomb being planted in the second round giving us a win, tying the score as we went into round three.
Thanks to our attacking strategy we were able to out-maneuver our opposition, winning six of the eight rounds.  The enemy tried everything to get past us and block off the attack but they were unable to outrun the LMG fire from reggie, which kept them pinned down.
The enemy fought with courage even in the face of Bray-182’s sniper fire.  They landed a few ‘nades, killing us numerous times and our skills were tested throughout the game with Rupert Pheonix wreaking havoc amongst our team, taking out our best players time and time again.
With only 4 more rounds needed to win the game, we went all-out on our defense as Opfor, with confidence that the game was ours.  The results achieved by our team defensively were well beyond what we expected.  The defense was approached patiently as we knew time was on our side. We came under heavy ‘nade fire throughout the second half. Unfortunately I was victim to a lot of these grenades, but thanks to Psych0kyller’s valiant efforts the game was still ours!
After winning seven of the following eight rounds, we had won the match by a respectable margin.  All we needed to do was to show Clan Rupert that we were in control.  With only two rounds left in the game, we were determined to win them, to finish the game in a high note.
Unfortunately, it was not to be.  Clan Rupert managed to plant the bomb and with our whole team down except for damit, he was our only hope.  He courageously took on the remaining three enemies, managing to take two of them before moving on to the bomb.
While he was diffusing, the last enemy snuck up on him, taking him by surprise.  Damit however was not to be killed easily, as he was taken to last stand, he managed to pistol the man who had so violently ended his life.
Sadly, in last stand as he was, he could only watch as the bomb exploded right next to him.  Laughing at this ironic loss in the closing rounds, we took them on one last time in the hope we could win.
Thanks to the outstanding leadership shown by Bray and myself, we were able to lead the team to victory with a final score of 15-5
- Dex
Dex is a teenage hermit who inhabits a rocky outcropping under a rickety bridge and likes to throw grapes at passers-by.  As a senior member of the Death Inc Clan and an integral member of the Death Inc COD4 Team, Dex will be contributing to the blog with tales of heroism and valour exhibited by our members while in combat.  Any suggestions for his articles should be directed to him via a Death Inc Forums Personal Message.

View article...

19/4/2009 by Chalice

As the Big Gaming Titles for 2009 start to roll into the stores, I think it’s appropriate that we take a moment to look at some quick tips on preferred ways to play these games online in order to improve both our gaming AND our fun.
•   FPS (First Person Shooters)
•   
o   Stick with your team…don’t be a Rambo
o   Always Tea Bag your opponent
For those who are unware of the term, ” Tea Bagging” is the term used when one player deeply regrets the slaying of another and invites him/her around for a nice cup of tea to discuss the matter in a mature and open environment and then sticks his balls the former opponent’s mouth repeatedly.
•   RPG’s (Role Playing Games)
•   
o   If you’re like my wife…you’d play as a nurse
o   If you’re like me…you’d play as a lice ridden psycho who has dreams of one day being a robot hamster… of course!
•   MMORPG’S (Mini Midgets On Rocket Propelled Goats)
•   
o   MMORPG’s are a fantastic way of living out an alternate reality…my personal trick is to run naked thru towns populated by other online gamers wearing nothing but a +3 Chicken Hat of Terror and carrying my Huge +2 Broadsword in my hand.  Your fantasy may vary.
•   Online Strategy Games
This genre includes games such as “Company of Heroes” and “Dawn of War II”, both of which have recently been released.
•   
o   These games tend to be taken quite seriously by the player as its seen as a form of chess, connect 4, Uno, Snap etc…
o   My patented “trick to winning” (trademark pending) in Online Strategy Games is taunting… lines such as “I showed your mother my Howitzer” or “Your sister loves polishing my Dreadnought” or even “I’ll tear your F&^*IN arms off mate, stick em in your ears and ride you like a soggy bicycle if you kill my Uber Engy one more time!!” are time honoured classics.  You will be held in high esteem using these phrases, and will likely be regarded with increased recognition and action on the part of other players.  You’ll know you’ve reached the pinnicle of taunting achievement when opponents start weeping just by sheer recognition of your nickname… or, perhaps… when you notice your accounts have been banned.
o   I encourage you to be creative in your online endeavours, especially in the field of taunting… because, god knows, it won’t be me paying for a new game licence key each time someone complains about your insults!
So, as I leave you to ponder my wisdom in this regards, I look forward to seeing you online.
As a last gesture of good will, I shall leave you with this one last piece of advice… NEVER Tea Bag Chalice…  For, if you were to make that mistake, I would be forced to come after you in full psycho robot hamster mode wearing the Chicken Hat of Terror with my Broadsword in hand, screaming at the top of my lungs “Let me show you my Funky Truck”.
Good night, and God Bless.
- Chalice
Chalice is currently wanted on charges of indecent use of a Howitzer by several Military Tribunals and Commonwealth Law Enforcement Agencies.  Dividing his time between running from the law and offending opponents with naked pictures of himself during games, he manages to find a few spare seconds a week to carefully and creatively craft a blog post which lightens everyone’s day and sets the Gold Standard for Self Help columns on the internet.  All threats of legal action, psychotherapy bills for persons affected by his gaming taunts, and suggestions for new columns can be directed to him via Death Inc Forums Personal Message.

View article...

21/4/2009 by Dex

At eight minutes past twelve on Friday the 17th of April, Bray-182 issued a challenge to The ANZAC Imperial Force Clan with the hope that Death Inc could come away with a win.
To the amazement of everyone in the Call of Duty 4 team, two days and two minutes later, the team was sent an email informing them that the mighty force of the ANZACs had forgotten to accept the challenge.
Thanks to this surprising yet fortunate turn of events, Death Inc has moved up 19 places in the ladder without lifting a finger.
I would like to convey my personal gratitude to the ANZAC Imperial Force Clan for giving us this most unusual victory, and we look forward to meeting them on the field of battle in the near future.
I’d also like to add that it was thanks to MY leadership skills that Bray-182 was able to challenge this clan and come away with the win. We can only hope that I will continue to teach my wisdom to others in future, so all may benefit.
- Dex
Dex recently completed his first epic book “I am GOD, and this is my Universe”, which is sure to be a best seller.  Dex is our resident one-legged vegetarian hobo, and among his many duties within the Clan, he particularly enjoys his role in keeping the wider gaming community up to date with details of Death Inc’s progress on various game ladders.  Anyone wishing to contact him with fanmail or directions to a hot meal should do so via the Death Inc Forums Personal Message system.

View article...

22/4/2009 by Virgil83

It’s been an interesting week on and around the Death Inc Website and Forums and I’d like
to let you all in on some of the highlights:
My Pick for “Threads of the Week”:
•   Z00111111 and his “Media PC to Save the Economy“
•   Sponge and his “DI Carving“
Also, my congratulations go out this week to the Death Inc Call of Duty 4 Team and Project Reality Team for wins in their respective ladders.  While the COD4 win was the result of a forfeit, its no less of a victory and has allowed them to move up the ladder once again.  Well done, guys!
As things progress with the implementation of several new features into the Death Inc site, including our blog, I’d like to remind all members that their contributions are welcome and valued.  Anyone wishing to submit a one-time article, or ongoing column for the front page blog would be welcome to do so.  Let me know if you’re interested.
Welcome to the new Recruits this week, Slyke and Sniperlol, I look forward to seeing you around the Forums and Teamspeak, as does the rest of the Clan I’m sure.  Speaking of Recruiting, I’m very much looking forward to welcoming a new column to our blog from the Clan’s Recruiting Officer, Z00111111.  Z will be writing on a semi-regular basis about the Death Inc Clan’s Recuiting Process and how we’re making efforts to recruit and integrate new members into our ranks.  Sure to be an interesting and informative set of articles, I hope everyone will take the time to give them a browse once they are posted up.
And that’s my wrapup for the week.  Remember, be nice to your mother… she brought you into this world and by god she can take you out of it, too!
- Virgil83
Virgil83 is an Alien from a distant world bent on conquering Earth with nothing but little packets of ketchup and a few well chewed pieces of bubble gum.  As Site Admin and editor of the Death Inc blog, he offers his unique insights into the goings on around the Clan on a weekly basis for all to see.  Offers of sexual favours or large quantities of sweets are encouraged and should be directed via the Death Inc Forums Personal Message system.

View article...

22/4/2009 by Bohica

After selling quite a few of these keyboards to some very happy gamers, I’ve received a personal request to tell everyone about the product.
There is no better way to learn about and promote a product than by owning one, which I am proud to say that I do!
The key reasons I purchased one:
•   After hours of playing with Chalice my hands were sore, now I can game hours on end…..with the unique WSAD & QE keypad, directly being part of the keyboard
•   Two USB Ports on the Keyboard make it easier to plug in mouse & joystick (for example) or USB headphones and the like.
•   Line in & Microphone jack, on keyboard, essential to those of us who’s front audio panels don’t work!
•   Lights, pretty, pretty lights!  As a few of you know, I am the hermit of my house and I live to game in my shed.  With the backlit keys I can now game in total darkness.
The Z-Engine software has most game’s default layouts built in, allowing the simplest of customisations to be made on the game pad for personal advantage, also enabling multiple profiles to suit all your games and the advantage of, starting from a blank layout and setting the keys to how you wish, then print the layout so you don’t forget.
 Above: The Z-Board MERC Stealth Keyboard in Blue Backlighting
PRICING DETAILS:  The Z-Board MERC Stealth Keyboard for Death Inc Members:  $144 Inc GST + Freight.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS:  A PDF with information about the keyboard can be found HERE.
ORDERING:  To take up this great offer for Death Inc Members, please send Bohica a Death Inc Forums Personal Message.
- Bohica
Bohica is a crazy old used car salesman who constantly acts out the best moments of his sex life while selling rusted out heaps on the car lot.  Having being reported for public nudity, he was court ordered to write for the Death Inc Blog and he now spends his spare time researching and coming up with unique pieces of hardware to write about and sell to Death Inc Members.  Anyone wanting additional details about his best ever sex acts DVD collection, or if you wish to buy a product Bohica has written about, should contact him via a Death Inc Forums Personal Message.

View article...

24/4/2009 by bageled

Here’s my bit of humour for the week, enjoy!
TO:  ALL EMPLOYEES
RE:  Redundancies and SHIT
Dear Employees,
Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown in the
economy, Management has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of
40 years of age and above on early retirement. This scheme will be known
as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).
Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to management to be considered
for the SHAFT scheme (Special Help After Forced Termination). Persons
who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW
programme (Scheme Covering Retired-Early Workers). A person may be RAPED
once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as Management deems
appropriate. Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional
Income for Dependants & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired
Personnel Early Severance).
Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED
any further by Management.
Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much SHIT
(Special High Intensity Training) as possible. Management has always
prided itself on the amount of SHIT it gives employees. Should you feel
that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring this to the attention
of your Supervisor, who has been trained to give you all the SHIT you
can handle.
Sincerely,
Management
- Bageled.
Bageled is a graveyard shift clerk at a Comedy and Sex Toy store in the Artic Circle.  Spending his nights selling vibrating fish toys to horny penguins, he devotes many an hour to locating and distributing humour and pornography (not necessarily in that order) on the interwebs.  Anyone who wishes to pass on a joke or humourous excerpt for Bageled’s column should contact him directly via the Death Inc Forums Personal Message service.

View article...

24/4/2009 by Yosimete_Sam

You all wanted me to get into the blog… Well gents… here it is!
Around 4 weeks ago, Some thieving prick knicked my 2 motorcycle helmets and my leather jacket from the garage while I was playing with my dog Storm in the backyard…  Oh Fucken Great!
So I did what is expected, I ring the insurance company… I tell ya, they just LOVE taking your premium off ya, but they sure hate paying out.
So I call ‘em up and “blah blah blah” with the nice lady on the phone. “You need this, you need that” etc etc… typical crap when making a claim.  OK - fine, off to the Local Cop Shop to do a report, get the report number and all the other crap.  Hmm easy as fuck i said to myself.  Big mistake!
4 days down the track, the copper who took the report hasn’t shown up for duty in days, so no paperwork for me… even though I fronted up to the station day after day… typical cops.  Finally someone helped and got me what I needed to complete the claim!  Happy Sammy!  Again, too soon though…
Call #6 to (considerably less lovely by this time) Miss Insurance Bitch. “Yes Sir! That’s great… Now you will need is proof of ownership, photos, receipts… oh… and your left testicle please…” (Okay, perhaps not the testicle, but it felt like it!).  So… again, more errands and paperwork… off I trot to Harvey Norman to get prints and photocopies of the pics and papers.
Then of course, it’s “Sir, Please fax through the documents ASAP so we can get it sorted”.  This is the Thursday before Easter, but I dilligently fax it off as requested. Then, of course, they mention it will take around 10 working days to process… WTF!?!
Fast forward a week or so, and a return phone call from insurance company comes through.  “Oh Hello there, Mr Baker” says Insurance Bitch in her casual but disinterested tone… “I’m afraid that the photos you sent through are in black and white!  We need them in colour for the purposes of the claim”… at this point I am forced to reply, in no uncertain terms “Of course they’re in bloody black and white, you asked me to FAX THEM!”… sufficed to say things went downhill from there and I had to post in the colour copies.  I was certainly seeing a colour by this point… fucking RED!
At this point, its now been 4 weeks… they have all the information, colour photos, and everything else they’ve asked for but do you think its resolved?  Oh, god no!  Another call:  “Mr Baker, we aren’t able to pay for your jacket, unfortunately, because you can wear it for purposes other than just the motorbike…” Fuck me! It’s a 2 piece race suit, not something I’m going to wear with a damn tuxedo!  “Additionally, we can not pay for your helmets nor the lights because they are all considered to be accessories…” Fucken bullshit!
By this point I’m totally ropeable. I ring the wife and send through all the paperwork, details and information to her at her law office.  She makes a few calls, and what do you know!?!  Claim Approved!  In its entirety!
Moral of the story… Insurance Companies are businesses… and they’ll try just about anything to get out of paying out a Claim.  So make sure that you stand your ground!  Don’t restort to outright abuse, but make sure you know and stand up for your rights!  That’ll sort the fucktards out, and get the result you are looking for.  And if all else fails… it helps to have someone in the family with some clout in a lawyer’s office!
Sammy out.
- Sammy
Sammy, also known as “Yosimete_Sam” is the Patron Saint of the Fair Go.  Fed up with bullshit, hyprocrocity and fucktards in general, Sammy tells it like it is.  His hard hitting and informative blog posts cover a variety of topics, but if you have something specific you’d like him to discuss, feel free to drop by the Death Inc Forums and send through a Personal Message.

View article...

24/4/2009 by Chalice

CLASSIFIED: TOP SECRET - FOR AUTHORISED EYES ONLY… OH, AND MY WIFE’S, OH, AND OUR CLEANING LADY’S, OH, AND MY SON’S FRIENDS, OH, AND MY SON’S FRIENDS’ TENNIS PARTNERS, OH, AND MY SON’S FRIENDS’ TENNIS PARTNERS’ GIRLFRIENDS… SO, BASICALLY, THE ENTIRE ENGLISH SPEAKING WORLD HAS CLEARANCE TO THIS TRANSCRIPT, SO I’LL STOP PRETENDING IT’S SO SECRET NOW…
DISPATCH FROM THE FRONT LINES
Date: 20.4.09
Time: 2000hrs
Location: Sunset City, Sweden (I don’t really know actually…but hey, I hear Sweden’s nice)
Unit: DeathInc Squad 1 as Chinese Forces
Members: Chalice, Bohica, Bageled, Sponge, Randomizer and a guy from NSOF
Excerpt from the Official Briefing –
We arrived at the main Chinese base focused, determined with one objective in mind – own the server using the tactics we’ve been working on.
Bageled had a different objective in mind…get some Dims Sims at the base canteen and kill stuff.
We decided on getting take away and eating it on our way to the drop off point, so we jumped in the transport truck and after Chalice got bored playing with the horn…we moved into the city and into what would soon become known as The Fried Rice Firefight.
We exited the truck at the northernmost point of the flag cap and proceeded on foot to the West, where Chalice rounded a corner and was instantly cleaned up by an enemy truck,  who’s driver was obviously drink driving…Randomizer revived him and promptly gave him a lecture on “Look Left, Look Right, Look Left…then cross”.
Once suitably ashamed of himself Chalice ordered the squad back toward the East.
The squad had moved East approx 5 meters when a fully manned Hummer appeared out of the side street…and exploded…the NSOF guy had hit it with a rocket, killing all on board.
Deciding the streets were getting too hot we blew the gate open on an alley and entered a building that overlooked the northernmost and main entry to the city and the squad promptly went into defence mode…we were prepared to give our lives to stop the Yankee scum from taking the city… or something like that, at least…
Bohica covered the alley with Randomizer whilst Chalice and Sponge covered the north from the windows, Bageled had the MG on the roof also covering north and we could hear him stroking it and giggling.
We knew they were coming…we could hear the American stereos and could smell their cigarette smoke…it wouldn’t be long now.
Bageled called truck to the North and we tried to get the LAT in place…but we were too full from the fried rice and couldn’t run fast enough to take it out and it retreated back down the ramp…then an enemy squad appeared and we engaged with accurate small arms fire…Bageled took two out and we played paper, scissors, stone to decide who got the other guy… It is unfortunate that randomizer didn’t understand the game…
Whilst we were mowing enemy infantry down another Hummer snuck in behind us and we now had enemy squads to our left, right and front…the LAT was accurate and the Hummer died…but we were surrounded and we were all that was holding the city against 32 enemy determined to take the city… at least the the odds were in our favour!  The kill count was now approx 20 dead enemy to our 1 death and to be honest… that loss wasn’t anything to get upset about… it was only Chalice… oh… wait… that’s me.
So… Chalice spotted an American sniper climbing the construction building to our 300 degrees and Bageled patiently waited for him to appear…when he did…he died, but Bageled didn’t know that so he pumped another 200 rounds into him…just to make sure.  I am starting to believe that his motto isn’t “Fight or Die” or anything heroic like that… its starting to seem much more likely that it is “Better to be safe and waste ammo, than be sorry”… but that’s a story for another time and not really relevant to this briefing… or de-briefing… MmmmMMMmm… I’d sure like to be de-briefed right now, perhaps by a cute little brunette in a school cheerleader outfit… MmmMmmm*cough* Oh, sorry about that!  Where were we?  Oh yes, right….
We had started taking Sniper fire from the hills to our west and it took a while to locate him…he was 230 odd meters away and only had his head showing…we placed the attack marker and the squad began to fire on him, Bageled began short controlled bursts into his general area and we guided his fire into the sniper killing him instantly…300 rounds later Bageled stopped firing…he was now humming to himself and was sporting a buldge in his pants that I can only attribute to him carrying a Mag-lite Torch for some reason…
Suddenly… it grew quiet…too quiet… and then the lads noticed a squad on the roof to our rear left approx 150 meters away and more were spawning…they didn’t know what hit em…the count was now 25+ enemy dead to our 1 death…the city was still ours.
We decided to move towards the last group of enemy as finally another squad had come to help hold the city…the fried rice really was excellent at base and they must have stayed for a feed, or perhaps it was the view…  I hear the waitress looks good in a cheerleader outfit too… MmmMMmm… okay, enough of that!
We moved to the building the enemy were last seen on with Bohica and Sponge leading the way, as we got there we noticed an enemy supply truck to our west with crates on the ground.  Surmising that they had a fire base behind the wall…we went to check it out.  With Bohica and Sponge covering, Chalice pulled out a grenade and was going to blow the crates when an enemy appeared and blew him away. the boys took revenge and Randomizer patched Chalice up we checked the area out, there was no fire base here…then all hell broke loose.
An enemy MG emplacement on the hill began firing at us and troops were flanking our position…it was a good day.
We held ‘em off and Sponge and Randomizer between them kept Chalice and Bohica alive whilst simultaneously engaging the enemy…Bageled was eating more fried rice at every opportunity… well, it was good rice!  The fire base wasn’t here but we were heading in the right direction.
We repelled the enemy and Chalice called for a withdrawal but Sponge would have none of that…he could taste blood and he wanted more.  He popped smoke and ran to cover on the MG’s flank…the rest of the squad followed suit and we rallied by a big rock where Chalice carved – “Chalice & Randomizer 4 eva” into it.  Once that was done we entered the hills and began our search for the enemy fire base taking the MG emplacement out on the way there with a phosphorous grenade.
At the top of the hill Bohica spotted the sniper trying to sneak up the mountains to get a bead on us…he died painfully of course, and a photo of Bohica urinating on his corpse was dispatched to his spouse and children with all due haste.  After finishing at the Post Office convieniently located nearby - Sponge, Bohica and Randomizer then made their way down the hill towards the now located enemy fire base whilst the MG was covering.
We soon spotted enemy near the waters edge and engaged, killing two…their intellectually challenged medic came out to revive…and he died as well.
We continued to press forward and Chalice spotted fresh enemy asset at the temple complex near the firebase but didn’t have a shot… so he called for Sponge to take him out.  Sponge chased the enemy down in an Olympic qualifying time…dropped to one knee and fired two rounds into the US Soldier, killing him instantly…he then regrouped with Randomizer and Bohica and the assault continued.
The war ended with us within 20 meters of the firebase… which, of course, had no chance of surviving.
Our unit of 6 men successfully defended the city against the entire American team… we then flanked an American firebase…destroyed an MG emplacement and slaughtered anyone spawning at it.
The result 30+ enemy dead to our 2 deaths…at the end Bageled was frothing at the mouth and licking his MG clean, Bohica was doing the Chicken Dance - quite well I might add for the record, Randomizer was found tea bagging a bush and moaning, Sponge was shooting up with his own Epi pen and Chalice was using his binoculars to try and locate more fried rice to try and calm Bageled down…after all, it WAS good fried rice!!!
— THIS REPORT WILL SELF DESTRUCT AT SOME POINT IN 2039, UNLESS YOU BUY SOME FRIED RICE AND SEND TO BAGELED, CARE OF DEATH INC —
- Chalice.
Chalice is a former Australian Soldier and on this ANZAC Eve we salute his service to his country.  The Entire Death Inc Clan holds our servicemen and servicewomen in the highest regard and we hope and pray for their safe return from all theatres of operation around the Globe.  And to the ANZACs who fought for our freedom those many years ago, Lest we Forget.  Anyone wishing to contact Chalice should do so via the Death Inc Personal Messages system.

View article...

25/4/2009 by News & Announcements

April 25th is upon us once again.  A day of rememberance and celebration of the ultimate sacrifice of so many Australians during times of conflict, and of the many achievements by members of our Armed Forces in so many theatres of operation around the World.
The Staff and Members of the Death Inc Clan wish all current and former Servicemen and Women the very best for this ANZAC day, we’ll be watching the parades and services around Australia today and thinking of you All.
To those who are on deployment in foreign lands, we wish you a safe and speedy return home, and to their families we thank you for your sacrifice in having your loved ones so far from home, keeping all of us safe and free.
“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.”

View article...

26/4/2009 by Z00111111

As a prospective member of Death Inc, there are some points that need to be considered.
Death Inc is a gaming “clan” or community, with a focus on the more social side of gaming. Although we actively compete in gaming ladders and generally do well in them, our main goal is to have some fun along the way. Because of that when it comes match time, we don’t choose players by skill, but by their commitment and availability.
The atmosphere on our forums and TeamSpeak Server is generally pretty laid-back.  Input on matters affecting the Clan is appreciated from all our members, both new and old on any topic, be it silly pictures in our SPAM Forum, or serious issues regarding the future operation of the clan.
The Captains are here to keep our group running well.  Their roles vary from processing of new recruits, organising ladder and practice matches, to moderating the forums and keeping our servers functioning. The voice of a Trialee in Death Inc carries the same importance as that of a Captain in most situations.  We don’t run a dictatorship here so feel free to speak your mind, and remember to give as good as you get.
If you’ve gotten this far it’s time to let you know what we expect from our trialees.  Before “full” membership is granted, applicants have to go through a two week trial.  The trial may run longer or shorter for various reasons at the discretion of the Senior Members.
During the trial, the trialee needs to be active in the clan. This means going on TeamSpeak when you can, getting into servers with other Death Inc members and contributing on the forums. In reality, we just want to get to know you over the trial period. There are no game performance assesments. The governing factor is personality, because our focus is gaming for fun, we would much rather a friendly player with poor gaming skills than a top tier asshole, to be blunt.
The rules are simple. Wear the =]DI[t tags and respect your fellow gamers, be they clanmates or the general community. Death Inc have built a reputation over the years, of sportsmanship and cooperation throughout the gaming community, actions that may damage this reputation will NOT be tolerated.
In closing, just let me say that we at Death Inc would very much like to meet and enlist new members, so sign-up to the forums, hop on TeamSpeak and have some fun with us!
- Z00111111
As the Death Inc Clan Recruiting Officer and a Senior Member of the Clan, Z00111111 is chiefly responsible for processing new recruits into the Clan, and providing assistance and guidance to new members.  Persons wishing to know more about the Death Inc recruiting process, or other issues of membership should contact him directly via the Death Inc Forums Personal Message system.

View article...

Virgil83
Clan Vice-Captain

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #1 on: 30/07/2012, 07:23 PM »

27/4/2009 by Dex

After last weeks disappointing forfeit, we all looking forward to playing a full match and getting the opportunity to show the opposition that we’re a team to be feared!
We spent more than an hour in a practice server organizing strategy and coming up with ideas to lead us to victory.  This worked to boost our confidence in the upcoming match against a balanced opposition.
That was not to be, however.  Upon entering the server at the designated start time, we found only one member of the opposition.  It was the Captain from “No Whinging Cats” there to tell us that only one of his team mates had bothered to show up for the match!
As you can imagine, this was very disappointing for our team, as we were looking forward to a game that would allow us to show off our new strats.
I think it’s important to mention that once again, this forfeit was a direct result from my awesomeness. Without one such as me in the team, the opposition would have shown up to play and might possibly have defeated us.  I’d like to thank myself for my stellar efforts on behalf of our team.
Since it was they who challenged us, we remain in the same spot on the ladder.  Thankfully we are now protected from challenge for a day, which will give us time to challenge another team before someone challenges us.
- Dex
Dex is a recently immigrated midget who communicates using rude gestures and various animal sounds.  Recently captured in a photo ”flipping off” Prime Minister Rudd instead of saying “Hello”, his popularity has increased dramatically throughout the internet and he is now constantly fighting off the advances of pre-op transexuals and crossdressers alike!  Persons wishing to arrange a “meet up” with Dex should contact his pimp.  All other matters can be directed to him through a Death Inc Forums Personal Message.

View article...

30/4/2009 by Virgil83

Do you have something you’d like to contribute to the Death Inc Blog?
I am currently seeking submissions of interest from Clan Members and the wider gaming community for content for the Death Inc Blog.  If you have an interesting story to tell, a bit of advice to give, or just feel like having a rant in a blog post, please let me know.
You may just want to write one article, or you may wish to contribute on a regular basis.  Either way - we want you!  Any topic (doesn’t have to be gaming related) is welcome, but be aware that editorial review of all posts is done, and your content may be modified slightly if needed.  Anyone who wants to write for the blog is welcome to send me a Personal Message, or catch me in Teamspeak.
- Virgil83
Virgil83 is a recently demoted member of the United States Senate, who’s cavalier spending of government money saw him get a gold plated penis extension and platinum testicles, which are now being sold for charity.  The charity, ”The Get =]DI[= Dex Laid Society of Australia” is hoping for a considerable winfall from the auction, and any donations to this worthy cause would be welcomed.   Anyone wishing to bid on Virgil’s wedding tackle should contact the United States Auctioneer’s Office… while any other matters can be directed to him through the Death Inc Forums Personal Message system.

View article...

6/5/2009 by bageled

This is a new competition format the PR team is looking at getting into at the moment.
Our local community at bigdgaming.net is starting one up shortly.
CAMPAIGN RULES:
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FORMAT
How does the campaignmap work?
Once you have started the Garmin PRT SATCOM device on the Home Page by pressing the power button, it will make a connection to our dedicated Tournament Intelligence Satellite. You will see a map of Central-Asia. which has been divided into regions that are either blue or red. Blue regions are currently under NATO control, while red regions are part of CATA territory. The white polygons are called map connectors. When you move your mouse over them they will display the battlefield for that region. Clicking on a map connector will open a window with detailed satellite imagery of the battlefield and a description of the battle mode. The Options menu in the lower left corner enables you to toggle the visibility of certain elements of the map. The menu on the right provides real-time information about the total number of tournament tickets that each alliance has left (the ticket pool). Below that, information about upcoming battles is displayed. As soon as it’s known in what region the battles will take place (tactical phase, see below), an attack icon (yellow sword) on the map itself will mark those regions.
What is the battlecycle?
The battlecycle is the 14-day sequence of events in the tournament. The battlecycle starts on Monday 20.00 PRT (day 1) with the strategic phase. During this phase, teams decide which territory they want to attack and start preparing. On Friday of that week (day 5), the attacking teams publish their intentions before 20.00 PRT. This is the start of the Tactical phase (day 6 to 12) during which, teams prepare and train for the upcoming battle. On Saturday of the following week 20.00 PRT (day 13) the battle is fought (operational phase). After the battle, the battlecycle is concluded on Sunday (day 14) when the results of the battle are published and the campaign map gets updated. Then, the whole cycle starts again from the top.
Who decides what mission will be played?
During the strategic phase, each alliance can decide where to attack next, but only if they have won one or both battles during the previous battlecycle. If both armies of an alliance won their battles, that alliance can choose two regions on the campaign map where they want to attack during the next battle. If they won just one battle, they can choose only one region to attack, because the other alliance will choose where the other attack takes place. If the alliance lost all the battles, all the next attacks will be planned by the opposing alliance.
What happens when the ticket pool is depleted?
The ticket pool represents the number of soldiers an alliance has available for the campaign. When the ticket pool reaches zero, it means there are no more soldiers to wage war with. When this happens, the alliance is forced to withdraw from the campaignmap and lose the campaign.
How do teams ‘invest’ tickets in a battle?
For each battle, teams can invest an amount of tickets in the upcoming battle. This means, that teams can decide for themselves how much tickets they want to have in-game at the start of a battle. By allowing teams to decide how many soldiers are directed to the battlefield, a new tactical element is introduced on in the tournament. Teams may choose to invest more tickets to be certain of victory, but it will also mean that their alliance’s ticket pool will be depleted faster. To prevent misuse, each map will have a minimum and maximum limit of ticket investment, set by the administration.
What happens with the remaining tickets after a match is played?
The tickets that remain after a battle is completed will flow back into the alliance’s ticket pool. For example; CATA1 fights NATO2. NATO is victorious and the endscore is 0 – 31. This means that all lives for CATA1 were lost during battle and NATO2 still has 31 people remaining to fight another day. These 31 tickets will be added back into NATO’s ticket pool. If the match is under a time-limit, all remaining tickets after the time-limit has force-ended the game will be transferred back to the ticket pool.
What happens when all territories are conquered?
When all territories are captured by an alliance, they have won the campaign.
Will there be other battle modes than AAS?
Battles will be played in either Assault and Secure (AAS), Insurgency, or Counter-Attack mode. In the future – either during C6 or beyond – so called ‘special missions’ will be introduced. These special missions will have gamemodes other than the standard Project Reality battle modes. Special missions could include “kill the VIP”, “Destroy object”, “take recon photographs” and other types of games.
Will territories generate tickets?
Currently normal territories generate 25 tickets per every battlecycle.
BATTLECYCLE PROCEDURES
Below is an overview of the Battlecycle and its phases, deadlines, and procedures. All (Supreme) Commanders must know and follow these procedures.
Monday 20.00 PRT (Day 1)
* Start Battlecycle.
Thursday 20.00 PRT (Day 4)
* Deadline for attacking Supreme Commanders to let the Administration know what region(s) they will attack and with what army. This must be done via a Customer Service thread using the following thread title format:
o [TEAM ORDERS]Battlecycle X
o where TEAM is either NATO or CATA
o where X is the current Battlecycle number
* If a team fails to meet this due date, they forfeit their choice of where to attack. The defending team now decides which territory they will defend from.
Friday 20.00 PRT (Day 5)
* Map choices are released by the admins.
Tuesday 20.00 PRT (Day 9)
* Deadline for defending Supreme Commanders to let the Administration know with what army(s) they will defend their contested region(s). They must post this information in a [TEAM ORDERS] Customer Service thread (simply post in the existing thread from the Strategic Phase if available).
* Deadline for all Supreme Commanders to let the Administration know their ticket investment(s). Again, this information must be posted in the [TEAM ORDERS] Customer Service thread.
* If a team fails to meet this due date, their tickets for the battle will be set to the minimum allowed number of tickets.
Saturday 20.00 PRT (Day 13)
* Ticket investments and information about which army fights on which map will be made public 45 minutes before start of battle, along with the server passwords.
* Battles take place.
Sunday (Day 14)
* Official results of battles will be published.
* Campaign Map will be updated.
* End of Battlecycle.
BATTLE MODE RULES
Battles will be played in either Assault and Secure (AAS), Insurgency, or Counter-Attack mode. Which mode will be played is defined on the campaignmap; clicking on a map connector will reveal the battle mode for that map/region. Below are the rules for each battle mode.
Advance and Secure mode (AAS)
Advance & Secure mode is similar to Vanilla Battlefield 2 Conquest in that each team has tickets and you must capture control points in order to make progress. The key difference in Advance & Secure mode is that control points must be taken in a specific order.
Objective
The team that reduces the enemy’s tickets to zero wins the battle.
What does the winner get?
The winning team:
* gains/keeps control of the contested region on the campaign map
* gets back their left-over tickets; they are returned into the alliance’s ticket pool
* can choose where to attack with one army during the next battle cycle
Ticket investment
For each battle cycle the Supreme Commander can invest a maximum of 900 tickets and spread it over both his armies as he sees fit. If an army fights on an AAS map, the following additional limitations are in effect:
* Minimum ticket investment: 300
* Maximum ticket investment: 600
If the map has a ticket-bleed, the team without the ticket-bleed has the following limitations:
* Minimum ticket investment: 200
* Maximum ticket investment: 500
Insurgency mode
NATO has to search for and destroy 9 of 10 ammo caches, scattered around the map in random spots. The Insurgent team must defend the caches, and prevent NATO forces from destroying them.
Objective
NATO wins the battle if they destroy 9 ammo caches.
CATA wins the battle if they reduce NATO’s tickets to zero before they manage to destroy 9 ammo caches.
If NATO wins they:
* gain/keep control of the contested region on the campaign map
* get back their left-over tickets; they are returned into the alliance’s ticket pool
If CATA wins they:
* gain/keep control of the contested region on the campaign map
* get back 45 tickets for each ammo cache that wasn’t destroyed during battle; these tickets are returned into the alliance’s ticket pool
Ticket investment
For each battle cycle the Supreme Commander can invest a maximum of 900 tickets and spread it over both his armies as he sees fit. If an army fights on an Insurgency map, the following additional limitations are in effect:
For NATO:
For CATA:
* Compulsory ticket investment: 450
* CATA’s in-game tickets will be infinite (9999) and play no role in the battle or campaign
Counter-Attack mode
One team starts on defense and cannot re-take fallen control points. The defending team has the objective of preventing the enemy from capturing all Control Points before their reinforcements arrive (usually after 30-45 minutes). If the defenders survive until then, they will receive additional vehicles to initiate a counter-attack.
Objective
The team that reduces the enemy’s tickets to zero wins the battle.
The winning team:
* gains/keeps control of the contested region on the campaign map
* gets back their left-over tickets; they are returned into the alliance’s ticket pool
Ticket investment
For each battle cycle the Supreme Commander can invest a maximum of 900 tickets and spread it over both his armies as he sees fit. If an army fights on a Counter-Attack map, the following additional limitations are in effect:
For the attacking team:
For the defending team:
* Minimum ticket investment: 200
* Maximum ticket investment: 500
Further information on this competition is available from bageled, or from the Big D Gaming Community.
bageled is a Death Inc Clan Captain and a regular contributor to the Death Inc Blog.  Anyone requiring additional information about this Project Reality Campaign should contact him directly via a Death Inc Forums Personal Message.

View article...

8/5/2009 by Bohica

Alrighty guys… This week’s instalment of Bohica’s Hardware News goes to the Dvico TViX Digital PVR and Digital Jukebox product range.
Nearly 18 months ago now, I was investigating buying a Shuttle system to create a Media PC. I had the Windows Media Centre CDs from my action pack just gathering dust. So, I started talking to my supplier, telling him what I was going to do, and after dealing with the same Rep for nearly 9 years I have come to trust his opinion. He mentions without hesitation that I look into the Dvico TViX M7000A instead of a Media PC.
Now these funky little units key features, which are making me, write about them today, ooh where do I start……

- Unlimited Hard Drive Size – Any Standard SATA I-II Hard Drive Will Work
- RJ-45 Network Point, If you missus don’t mind a 30mt cable running down the hall, over picture frames, to get to the unit, as you can use the software that comes with to setup shares on existing pc’s / laptop to access media content on those.
- FTP access so you can upload directly to the unit, for when you backup up those DVD’s so the kids don’t wreck them Wink.
- Two USB host ports, so you can plug in existing mp3 players, USB external hard drives, iPods, and if your missus don’t like the 30mt cabling job strung up down the hall you can use a Linksys Compact USB Wireless Network Adaptor, to give your unit access to the rest of the network or just to ftp new content to.
- Then the real feature, that makes me grin, is that fact it support ISO playback, so yes I spent three days ISO’ing all the kids movies, then uploading them to the unit, then when my son, throws a tantrum, cause he cant watch his movies cause he leaves it laying everywhere so the girls rub it on the carpet so he can’t watch transformers for the 10gillion time, I just ftp the ISO back to the main PC and create him another copy.
When Z00111111 started a thread on the same concept I was running through 18 months ago, I challenged him to three model options, unfortunately we can’t buy mine anymore but here are the other two options. With a future product due shortly with HD Tuners so u can watch and record another channel worth keeping an eye on.
Dvico TViX 6500A =]DI[= Members $564.00 Inc GST (RRP $768.00)

Dvico TViX-6500 DVB-T HD PVR High definition (1080p) digital jukebox for movies, music, photo & DVD backup files.
Underneath the surface of these cleverly engineered players features the most advanced support for high definition video and picture viewing.
With H.264(MKV) support, HDMI 1.3 output and a SATA HDD interface, the M-6500A guarantees maximum performance while delivering the ultimate quality in
high definition video and audio, without sacrificing storage space.
Video Formats : .mkv, .avi, .wmv, .mpg, .iso .vob, .ifo, .mp4, .asf, .tp, .trp, .ts, .m2ts, .mov(H.264)
Codec Formats : MPEG 1 / 2 / 4, AVI, XVID, WMV9(MP@HL), H.264(BP@L3,
MP@4.0 and HP@4.0) , VC-1(MP@HL, AP@L3)
Resolutions up to 1920*1080P
Audio Formats :MP3, WMA, AAC, Ogg(on audio file only), PCM, M4A(lossless not support), AC3, FLAC(on audio file only), WAV
Photo Format : JPEG
PLEASE NOTE : - Product Is Sold With No HDD **SATA I/II HDD REQUIRED**
PLEASE NOTE : - Product Is Sold With No Tuner ** Dvico TViX Single HD Tuner High definition (1080p) Is Required**
=]DI[= Members Price:  $132.00 Inc GST (RRP $149.00)
- Bohica
Bohica is a recently divorced miscreant who’s wife filed claim that he literally covered their house in CAT5e Cable and was found locked in a toilet stall at a McDonalds restaurant masturbating to pictures of patch by exception racks!  Anyone wishing to take up one of Bohica’s fantastic hardware offers should contact him directly at Latrobe Valley Computers at http://www.lvc.com.au or via a Death Inc Forums Personal Message.

View article...

19/5/2009 by News & Announcements

Extract from the announcement from the Project Reality Mod Development Team:
We are currently putting the finishing touches on the Project Reality v0.86 patch. You may have seen some of the changes and features posted in the weekly Developer Journals and Blogs, but it is now time to officially release everything that will be included in the upcoming patch.
We had initially planned to release the PR v0.86 patch at a much earlier date, but encountered a few complications that had to be addressed. The release date will be posted once everything is ironed out and finalized, but you should expect a release prior to the end of May 2009.
Project Reality and Battlefield 2 v1.5 Patch
The Project Reality v0.86 patch is meant to be run on Battlefield 2 v1.41. PR v0.86 will not officially support Battlefield 2 v1.5, since the final release date of the patch has yet to be announced by EA. Once the BF2 v1.5 patch has been released, we will develop, if necessary, a PR v0.87 “hotfix” to fix any compatibility issues that arise. Until that time, we would advise the community to hold fire on installing the new BF2 patch if you wish to play Project Reality.
Project Reality v0.86 Teaser
Since there is not a lot of “eye candy” to show off for the v0.86 patch, here is a small promotional video with loads of textual information:
Project Reality v0.86 Features
As with any patch release, the main focus of PR v0.86 is bug and stability fixes, though we have also managed to squeeze in a few new assets and features. Here are a couple screen shots of some of the newly added content:
WZ551A and QJC-88 HMG

M249 with ELCAN Scope

Various Main Menu Updates and a New Splash Screen

For a comprehensive list of all of the changes, features, and new assets in the patch, check this Developer Blog Entry.
Project Reality v0.86 Server Release Information
All current PR server license holders will be sent the Project Reality v0.86 server files once they become available. Those of you hoping to start up a new PR server must complete a Project Reality server license application.
Apply for a Project Reality Server License Here
Project Reality v0.86 Manual
To see a full list of all the important changes made in the Project Reality v0.86 patch and for a comprehensive guide, check out the recently updated Official Project Reality Manual:
Download the Project Reality v0.86 Manual Here

The Project Reality Wiki Guide is currently undergoing a drastic overhaul and is currently offline. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Once the Wiki is complete and back online, an official news post will be made announcing its return.
Project Reality IRC Channel
While you are waiting for the v0.86 patch, we would like to invite everyone to join the Official Project Reality IRC Channel to have some fun and chat about the upcoming release. You never know what sort of interesting bits of information might be given out!
Special Thanks to the =TCC= Community
We would like to extend a special thanks out to the =TCC= TCombat.com Community, who have been supplying game servers and testers for Project Reality for quite some time now. They have been working hard behind the scenes helping us prepare the PR v0.86 patch and without their support we would not have been able to prepare it in a timely manner. Your guys’ contributions are greatly appreciated!
- The Project Reality Team

View article...

27/5/2009 by Damit

Sick of bunny hopping noobs avoiding your bullets in some lame attempt at vertical matrix?
Do you find that FPS are nothing like real life and its a case of run, shoot, die, respawn?
In your current FPS, do simply put the cross hair on the target, left click and they die…what about adding in things like bullet trajectory and bullet deviation?
Want to fly an A-10, F-16, Harrier or drive a tank, APC, SF jeep, motorbike, bomb car or truck?
Want to be able to lay trip wires and Improvised expolsive devices…doing your best terrorist impersonation?
Or fire RPG’s, headshot enemies 800meters away, use grenade launchers, fire multiple rifle types, grapple hook up to rooftops, skydive behind enemy lines, water drop out of helicopters, lay mines, use REAL infantry tactics in a REALISTIC combat simulator.
If so..the you need Project Reality…it only uses the BF2 game engine…its graphics are better..its sounds are better…its combat and gameplay ARE better…once you play this you never go back to BF2…because its better.
If you like FPS…you’ll love Project Reality.
It’s not BF2…its Better
Download - http://www.realitymod.com/downloads.html
Also Check out Death inc’s Very own Project reality movie Made by Our own PR Team located on our new Movies Page Along with Other Death Inc Movies made by our members.

View article...
Enclosures:
   di_pr_movie2.mp4 (25 MB)
http://pr.deathinc.com.au/di_pr_movie2.mp4

3/6/2009 by Virgil83

Have you ever heard the expression “Hard work is its own reward”?
Well it is true.  Volunteer work, including writing for the Death Inc Blog can be hugely rewarding.  So if you have any content ideas, or something you’ve written that you wish to share, please let me know and we’ll get it up here for you.
I’d like to express my sincere thanks to Chalice, Bohica, Z00111111, Sammy and everyone else who has taken the time to contribute articles for our front page.  But we need more!  Everyone in the clan, and the wider gaming community is invited to contribute.  We’re always seeking new game reviews, news and announcements about game releases, patches, changes, and even non-gaming topic posts.
Remember, hard work is its own reward, and writing for the Death Inc Blog is very rewarding!
- Virgil83

View article...

3/6/2009 by Chalice

As the successor to the original game F.E.A.R., the second incarnation is very much along the same lines… and those are FPS meets Freddy Kruger!
The game basically follows one unit sent in to evacuate key personnel…between them and the successful completion of their objective is one pissed off chicky called “Alma”, who in my opinion is completely justified in being so shitty… after all, wouldn’t you be if you were kept in a cell for 12 yrs getting experimented on and being forced to watch repeats of sex and the city over & over again?  I shudder at the mere thought!
As the storyline progresses it becomes apparent that “Alma” has the hots for your character… in my case that’s understandable, and begins pursuing him in a vague and somewhat disturbed manner…but again she’s just winging it as she’s never had a boyfriend before.
Throughout the game your character’s psychic abilities improve and you begin to unleash hell in the form of slow motion gunplay… and this is where I think the game developers got it wrong.  Instead of tackling Alma with gun play, I believe that foreplay would’ve worked much better.  Just think about how much better it would have been had my character simply unloaded a couple of genetic rounds onto her face rather than copper jacketed rounds into it.  I think that would be been much better for all concerned, well… except for the wasted sperm of course.
All in all the game had its scary moments.  My wife will attest to that, in fact at times she thought an 8yr old girl was in the room with me due to the screaming.  I calmly turned to her and said “The effects are brilliant huh?…I’ll turn it down” and it then sounded like a gagged 8yr old girl from that point on.

I rate the game at 3.5 out of 5.  To me it felt too much like the original, just only a slightly different storyline… and to be honest it needed more freedom in the script, cuz I really wanted to give Alma a mercy root.
- Chalice
Chalice is the closest thing we have to “Fabio - the world’s most beautiful man” we have in Death Inc.  His style with the ladies is unmistakable… and unfortunately… quite illegal.  He is currently serving time in a state facility for possession and use of Rohyphnol… but hey, everyone has their faults.  Persons wishing to contact Chalice should direct their enquiries to the Department of Corrections, but if you want to avoid all that, just shoot him a Death Inc Forums Personal Message.

View article...

7/6/2009 by Virgil83

One from the forums, for all you Left 4 Dead fans out there… I know that there’s more than just a few members of Death Inc salivating at the thought of getting their hands on some more Zombie killin’ action!

View article...

11/6/2009 by Chalice

Question:
Master Chalice. Lord Of All. Ruler Of The Stationary Kindgom, which reaches from the paperclip falls to the stapler mountain.
I was in a recent philosophical (had to copy that from google, couldnt remember how to spell it) anyway i was in a philosophical debate with a friend on how to make a time travelling device, I put forward the idea of getting a large cardboard box approx 2 by 4 metres and using a glue gun covering it in cd’s (shiny side out).
My lord Chalice, how would you go about this?
- RoBB (via the Death Inc Forums)
Answer:
Well Rob… I’m glad you asked.
You had the right idea with the box… but the CD’s on the outside are used to reflect light… so if your trying to make an invisible box… keep going with your theory… I’d be glad to consult with you further on it.
The current theory for time travel revolves around the belief that if one can fold space and if you can bend it far enough to create a donut…then you could go back in time…but  I think its utter rubbish in my book and they dont know what theyre talking about.
My first experiment involved the use of a car, a couple of rockets and some magic mushrooms…hollywood got wind of it and as they used Michael Fox as the lead character…that experiment was never going to be taken seriously again.
So i went with plan B which failed and later became known as Bungee jumping.
Onto plan C
Plan C - with the whole “backwards belief in place” i went tuoba gniod gniyreve sdrawkcab, chihw dah dedtcepxenu stluser…it didnt work.
SO…I used a nail gun to nail 91 rats to the top of two giant horizontally rotating saw blades that I inverted from one another and which span at 30000 rpm in opposite directions…i then slowly immersed the rotating blades into a very deep swimming pool…i met resistance at first because i forgot to get the swimmers out of the pool, but the saw blades fixed that little problem for me.
As the blades slowly immersed into the water it had three effects…1. It created a large whirlpool 2. The water provided the right kind of gravity neccessary and 3. It drowned out the screams of my now VERY dizzy rats.
As the blades got deeper it created two vortexes one below the blades and one above in a kind of hourglass effect…at this point i slowly seperated the two blades creating an airless vacuum in between.
I then electrified the water…not because it had any bearing on the experiment..but because a couple of swimmers escaped the blades and were nearing the edge of the pool.
This had an unexpected result in that it created a positive ion field in the airless vacuum i had created which began to suck up all the water in the pool…in effect i had created a black hole…my Rats were now absolutley shitting themselves and luckily i had anchored the blades well enough to withstand the force of it.
So here i was…staring into a black hole…the pinnacle of mans belief in Time Travel…what to do next…only one thing of course…throw a baby kitten into it with a camera attached to it.
Luckily black holes amplifiy signals and my experiment was soon validated as i watched a group of cave men club the kitten senseless, skin it and proceed to tear into it with their teeth.
Unfortunatley one of the cave men got thru…but i’ve got him well trained now…have you met Bohica?
So there you have it…Time Travel is possible…all you need is 2 saw blades, 91 rats, 1 pool, a video camera and of course a kitten.
P.s. The Rats had no scientific value whatsoever…but its hilarious to see the look on those grubby little fuckers faces as they spin and especially when they see a bottomless pit form right in front of them…trust me…gotta do it.
P.p.s. Some animals were harmed in the making of this experiment…but they deserved it
Hope that helps
- ecilahC
Chalice is a recently sacked University of the Northern Territory lecturer who was dismissed from his duties for attempting to teach a graduating Physics class that it was possible to Travel Back in Time and sleep with their own grandparents.  Having been de-frocked, and found to be his own grandfather, Chalice moved on to his new life of providing one-to-one advice and solutions to problems plaguing the Death Inc members.  Anyone with a philosophical (Hmm, should check Google for the spelling) or other question can contact him directly via the Death Inc Forums Personal Message service.

View article...

15/6/2009 by bageled

Death Inc’s expectations were high as we entered the battle. After coming off a hurtful loss, DI was hungry for vengance. Death Inc took an early lead in the first half 2-0, SG thought they could hide but were proven mere morsels when playing the game of “chicken” with Tex, they didnt know what hit them. Psycho showing them all how to flank from the side, getting a kill or two. When the smoke settled and bloody wounds healed, Death Inc emerged victors at the half way point 7-3, much to the delight of the team.
Morale was high after this and DI entered the second half hoping for an onslaught. After several rounds it was clear there was an onslaught, DI’s blood lust had gone crazy and as a result, the first few rounds were lost. SG’s skill had been underestimated based on the first half and DI payed the price. Determined not to let this one go, and with the scores resting at 8-7 the Death Inc Team struck viciously. With ace nades from Osmosis and a keen eye by Reggie the score was taken to 12-8. A well earned victory for DI when they needed it most.
It was a glorious battle with a bit of humour mixed in, DI sure had a laugh when Reggie made a guy commit suicide by jumping off a building. Both sides fought well and DI thought they were beat at one point. The cherry on the cake though was when Southern Gaming rage quit the battle, this made DI’s victory all the more sweeter.

View article...

16/6/2009 by Virgil83

As we head towards “hump day” I’d like to let the community in on a few of the antics that have been going on in Death Inc land over the past week or so…
Some minor website renovations have resulted in the establishment of a Forums “Arcade”, which we’re hoping will catch on with members and guests alike. If you’re interested in playing a round of (for the moment) Tetris, Frogger or Pacman, make sure you click on the “Arcade” link on the website nav bar up top! Please be aware, you must be a member of the Death Inc Forums to play, so sign up today! And while you’re there, why not trial for DI membership and join our elite ranks of competitive and social gamers? You’ll be glad you did!
As always, the DI Forums brought forth the very best… and very worst of our member’s humour. The top post this week, as nominated by the members was:
1: These great posts from the ongoing “this beats that” thread:
Biggie the Heavy:

… when you gotta kill bear cav do it right
Z00111111: “what the hell is that thing?”
naf: “i’m not sure what it’s called, but it’s got a ‘Get the fuck outta my way’ look about it…”
For all of you who aren’t aware, the Death Inc Clan is organising it’s Melbourne meet for later this year.  Anyone wishing to participate and go along should drop by the thread.
It’s been a great week once again for recruitment, with several new trialee members signing up with the Clan.   I’d like to welcome skittles, ‘VertX, miniamoto, littletex, Brayalex, Krepidus and BoratJr to our ranks… I hope your trial periods all go well and we’ll be seeing you around servers with the DI tags on shortly!

View article...

20/6/2009 by News & Announcements

“Oooooh, that’s it Engineer…”
Screenshot contributed by =]DI[= Reggie

View article...

22/6/2009 by Chalice

With the new PR patch out DeathInc arrived on the battlefield eager to see the new improvements in action. In the background we could hear Bageled giggling and stroking his new and improved Machine Gun that now had a scope attached.
The countdown began and our team spawned…then died…spawned…then died…seems like they hadn’t set up the server correctly and anyone with a specialist kit died instantly…so they reset the server.
Now filled with a battle frenzy the boys spawned into battle again…then died…”god damn it” they still hadn’t set up the server right.
After 5 more attempts at resetting the server it was game time and 3/4 of our team spawned…the others, possibly thinking it was a hoax…didn’t.
Squad 1 quickly got into position overlooking the East Cap, whilst half of Squad 2 still thinking it was too good to be true were still at main…possibly awaiting another server restart.
The enemy taking advantage of our disbelief moved quickly to enter the northern defensive zone and began harrasing Squad 2, not allowing them to set up their defenses, whilst Squad 1 happily disposed of an enemy squad trying to gain a rooftop advantage to the East.
The enemy kept advancing on the northern position and made an attempt to push over the hills, Bageled let loose a short controlled volley into them and quickly sorted that out…the giggling got louder and he was observed licking the MG, he later told us this was to keep it clean…but i’m not so sure.
Spongey was instrumental in picking off enemy on the northern rooftops, whilst Damit with his Marksman kit was sitting at our main on a tall chimney stack picking the enemy off the hotel roof and basically shooting anything that moved…I noticed that after every kill he’d pull his knife out and later asked him why? He was scratching notches into the chimney for every kill he got.
Squad 1 meanwhile had an enemy MG mow into their building with accurate fire and as we soon learnt…the MG can now punch thru walls…we died and were unable to take that building back.
In an attempt to change the tide Squad 1 grabbed a couple of lads from Squad 2 and punched our way into the East flag cap…we didn’t realise that the with the new patch they could hold it with 2-3 people hidden away out of sight so nothing came of that.
The enemy tried another push over the northern hills and this time Carples knocked them off with his MG…he too began to hum and whisper loving words to his MG…it must be a family trait!!!
Meanwhile randomizer was on the gas station roof as a medic and was alternativly sniffing gas and shooting up with his own Epi pen and Sillen had his knife out and was scalping enemy corpses…he later asked if he looked pretty wearing another mans hair!!!
Bohica was Squad 1’s medic and him and Zoo were caught behind the warehouse where Bohica claimed “I was trying to resuscitate him”…but to me looked more like he was playing with Zoo’s gun if you know what i mean.
Noraa and Chalice got together over a cup of tea and using an etcha sketch and some gaffa tape worked out a counter attack.
Squad 2 pushed alongside Squad 1 and were successful in gaining the office building and holding off a strong enemy push before being forced back to main where both squads fought valiantly to hold them off, but it ended with a cap out with only 3 mins left of the game.
Final scores 21 - 0 with N/A the winners…not a bad result considering we had the worst side…didnt play the 2nd round and did stupid and suicidal moves in order to test the other team prior to the season start as it was only a friendly.
- Chalice

View article...

25/6/2009 by Virgil83

As many of the Death Inc members are aware, my line of work is Information Technology, and as an experienced Blackberry admin, and a Converged Devices Specialist, there is nothing I like more than smartphones.
For a while now I’ve been a detractor of the iPhone, it calls itself a smartphone but is lacking many of the key features which would make it comparable to the holy grail of smartphones - the Blackberry, or just about any other smartphone (Windows Mobile, Symbian devices etc). Even with the release of the new “iPhone 3G S” Apple still hasn’t addressed several of the device’s shortcomings.
With all this in mind, I give you CollegeHumor’s tongue-in-cheek advertising campaign for the new iPhone 3G S:

View article...

29/6/2009 by News & Announcements

With Death Inc sitting on the ladder at position #25, it was time to successfully defend our title and prove that we deserved it, and with SUPER having their A team in the top 5 Our expectations of their “B side” were high.
We arrived on the server to a welcome surprise, 2 shoutcasters by the name of Jedi and Cholestorol were there to shoutcast the match for Net Game Radio.
When all Our members were ready to go the battle was underway, The first round was over in the blink of an eye, Jakes getting a killer nade that devestated 2 of their players and killing off another 2 after that with his lethal MP5, Tex was there to clean up the scraps with a handy last kill leaving their team dead before all of us could get in position. The onslaught did not stop there, Every postion was locked down by the DI team, they didn’t have a chance to penetrate our defence. Our confidence was high after a few rounds, perhaps a little too high, a blundered nade by Patman saw him commit suicide in an unfortunate but hilarious way. At the half we were confident victory was assured with the scores being 9-1 DI’s way.
After a short break and an interchange blunder with SUPER having 6 players on the server at the one time, the second half was underway. Patman made sure they stayed away from the middle flank while Alex lead the charge to the A building with success almost every time. Our performance in the second half slipped as we tried new and impulsive strats, our 2 charges down the right hand flank ended in disaster as communication between our players failed, with the scores being 11-3 DI were assured victory, however the game was not over. Bray-182’s scope assured that there was no entrance through the right hand flank. With Jakes back after a long break he wanted the final round to himself to take all the glory of team downing SUPER Villans. While we waited at spawn for Jakes to own the enemy a shock was delivered, Jakes dies without killing anyone, with Jakes down we were inspired to win this last round, we charged forward but were soon cut down and it was up to Tex to finish the round off. Tensions were high, it was 1v1…silence…Tex ran up the stairs to an unexpected SUPER player and POW, a violent swinging arm delivered a knife in the face. With the final score being 13-7 to Death inc.
The victory assured us a 48 hour protected status and the ability to challenge Specialists for 19th spot on the ladder.
On behalf of Death Inc i would like to thank Net Game Radio for shoutcasting our match and look forward to seeing them again in the future, hope you enjoyed the show!

View article...

29/6/2009 by News & Announcements

With our talismanic leader Smiddi unable to be there it was up to the remainder of the clan to give the lemmings what they really wanted - a cliff to jump off. Using MrX’s favourite map, Dustbowl, we knew we could do the job. The game was shoutcasted so we knew we had to put in a top effort. Two top blokes in Chalice and BoratJr were unable to play have signed up after the challenge so we bid them farewell as we entered the arena…
Our first assignment was defence and we hurriedly scrambled into position. While Krepidus and Farmy frantically worked on building our prime sentry gun, the rest of us faced up as privates. Unfortunately, the start sequence ended up just like Private Ryan with MrX and Gazza being blown up after the siren. Randomizer and Bageled held the point as long as they could and survived some of the storm but it was no use. Like arguing against your wife, the point was conceded very quickly. Valiantly we strived to respawn in time to recover the second point but their heavies, soldiers, medics and pyros were … still alive and they capped it in 2 minutes.
Round two started with much fanfare. Karnage took up sniping position at the rear while again Farmy worked to get our sentry up. The blare of the siren burnt our ears as MrXand Gazza raced forward again hoping to wreak havoc. Instead a cleverly built sentry in the trench blasted us high into the air nullifying the uber. Krepidus fired shots into the ground but was no match for the bulldozer of several men. Again Randomizer and Bageled slowed them down with an uber on the point but their lack of close team mates meant that their resistance was temporary. We took up defensive positions for the second point but not enough of us had respawned to challenge them. The fourth point was earnt with another minute on the clock.
Without reflecting on the first two losses we then regrouped and commenced our defence on the third map. This time Farmy managed to get his sentry up to a decent level. Krepidus hung back like a rotten grape at the bottom of the fruit bowl, letting his rockets do the talking. Then Randomizer and Bageled stepped up. With their first uber they bought enough time for the first sentry to start taking down blu meanies. At that point we saluted our achievement for we were forcing them to respawn. The first wave had been defeated. Their second wave was strong and forced MrX to use his uber and again took down their attack. This forced them to regather as fear crept into their team. What if the mighty DI had gifted them a four-point headstart and they could not rise to the challenge? In earnest they struggled on their third wave and finally broke through on the left. With fierce determination they won the point and then rolled forward. With pursed lips we valiantly regrouped at the second point. Gazza switched into spy mode to disrupt their attack but it was no use. A professional team, they mopped up the final point leaving us with the challenge, 6 points in 6 minutes.
Farmy switched into heavy mode to give us a fatter attack line. We split our troops and then surged forward in a frenzy. Lemmings were scared and they knew it. In our first wave MrX broke through into the point and broke up the sentry. In the next wave we cleaned up and had met the first object, 1 point in a minute. However, our success was shortlived as they set up shop on the second point. Our attack was never able to break through their front line troops and as the time ticked down we knew… revenge would have to wait! A 6-1 loss hurt but we cried to ourselves - how well would we have gone with another player? There’s only one way to find out how this story ends - be there next time when Smiddi leads us to victory!

View article...

30/6/2009 by News & Announcements

Reggie as Louis
Biggie as Bill
Fatman as Francis
Proeliator as Zoey

View article...

7/7/2009 by News & Announcements

Our investigative reporters, Smiddi and Reggie,recieved a tip from their homeless catamite informer Randomiser. It was a long shot, but they made a few calls, busted a few heads, and clicked a few links, before they hit pay dirt. Thanks to the sniffer dog skills of Smiddi and Reggie, they have learned not only how to lick their own crutches, but also that the Team Fortress 2 Scout does more than just kick arse for the lord, he does infomercials.

————————————————————-

View article...

8/7/2009 by Virgil83

After much anticipation, I was overjoyed to read on crackberry.com today that Wordpress for Blackberry has finally been released.   In much the same vain as “Wordpress for iPhone”, it is a mobile client that allows you to edit Wordpress blogs (such as the Death Inc blog) on the run from your favourite addictive device  
Check out the video for more info:

View article...

« Last Edit: 30/07/2012, 07:27 PM by Virgil83 » Logged

Virgil83
Clan Vice-Captain

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #2 on: 30/07/2012, 07:23 PM »

29/7/2009 by Virgil83

Dobbed in by his lovely wife Kylie yesterday, the Death Inc clan had a culinary treat - photos and a description of a cake that our own resident blog writer Chalice (famous for his Chalice’s Self Help and Team Writeup articles) had tried in vain to cook.
Snippet from the Thread:
Okay, so I get home from work today to find that Chalice has ‘tried’ to ‘bake’ a ‘cake’ as a surprise, (I use those terms loosely)…
This is what he was trying to make:

Well, this is what I got instead:

btw you can turn the plate upside down and the ‘cake’ is completely stuck to it!
The whole house reeks of ‘cake’ - it looks all lumpy?? and I have no idea how… so he made me try some, (which was an absolute mistake!!), I gagged!
In usual Chalice form, he decided to go one up on his better half, so he submitted his “cake” to the MasterChef team… and then posted on their response:
I’ve sent the pics & a vid off to masterchef australia as a joke entry…their response -
Dear Dean,
Thank you for your wonderful pictures and video.
In answer to your question, yes the recipe is accurate and there are no mistakes on the webpage.
The team do however have a question for you, did you actually try and more importantly, follow the recipe?
If you did, you need not apply for the next season of Masterchef Australia, but you did give us a good laugh as we thought it was a steak at first….thank you.
… Classic!  So… Anyone for cake?
- Virgil83
For anyone who is interested, Chalice will be running a 12-week “Cooking with Chalice” class starting October 1st.  Anyone who is interested in signing up should…. check themselves into a psychatric clinic post haste.

View article...

3/8/2009 by Damit

Ok Boys and Girl’s (mainly dex)
Our Call of Duty 4 Server is up and Running
You Can Connect at 202.60.82.99:28930
And View all the Server Info including current score and players online on the server page or by clicking here - http://deathinc.com.au/?page_id=173
If you are looking at Being an Admin on the server you can make a Donation to the server - all details are in the forums - http://forums.deathinc.com.au/index.php?topic=5983.0
And a big thanks to Bray for Organising the Server

View article...

7/8/2009 by News & Announcements

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the “Fatman’s feeling kind” Thread and entered themselves into the giveaway competition for two copies of Left 4 Dead.
As always in these Death Inc internal comps, we received several good entries, and a decision was hard to make.  However, after much deliberation it was decided to award a copy each to RaZ and Dex for their creative entries.
Keep an eye out over the coming weeks for more game giveaway competitions!

View article...

18/8/2009 by Chalice

On top of my vigorous resime of Self Help advice and game reviews….I’m gonna do a movie review…ummm…here it is:
WARNING! SPOILERS… sort of
DISTRICT 7..i mean 9
The movie basically begins with 15 mins worth of stupid advertisments and please turn off your mobiles…I personally thought the acting was shite and the visual and sound effects poor..i gave it a 1 out of 10….then I realised that it wasn’t a part of the movie and felt pretty stupid.
Then the real thing began… The storyline is that 28 yrs ago some shitty race of aliens.. nicknamed Prawns, but who I prefer to call Yabbies, cuz thats what they look like… fled from their home planet, you never find out why, and rock up on Earth, thin, starving and covered in their own shit… so just picture my wife and you’ll be close.
Now strangely even though these aliens talk in clicks and sqeaks… everyone can understand them perfectly.
Humans take pity on the state of these creatures and allow them to live in a cordoned off area called..you guessed it, District 9.
Unlike the rest of humanity.. I didn’t take pity on the “Yabbies” and had my meat in my hand trying to bait them… Security didnt like that and I was forced to just watch the movie.
Now the first 3/4 of the movie is shot like a documentary following some guy that resembles Dex with a beard as he attempts to serve eviction notices to the aliens of District 9…. at a certain preplanned part of the movie basically this guy gets covered in Alien sperm that shoots out of a can… this combined with the fact that these aliens are obsessed with Cat food makes me think their kinky bastards… anyway, back on track.
So to cut it short… the guy gets covered in Alien jism, gets an alien hand job and footage gets posted over the news showing him doing an alien doggy style… BTW… I’m serious.
Eventually the main character lives in District 9 with his apparent lover, gets hunted by some bad Jamacian wannabee’s and some guy that just never got over G.I Joe’s… he then attempts to fly a spaceship and when the fucking idiot prangs it he jumps into a robotic suit.. screams at the top his lungs “Autobots…Roll out”…then gets his arse kicked by G.I. Joe.
The movie ends with this fucktard eating a can of catfood and the promise of a sequel… that should be good…. unlike this one.
I give it a 5/10.. but the sequel does show promise, so wait till that comes out and watch this one then.
P.S. Even though its directed by Peter Jackson… not even one of those furry footed little fuckers known as Hobbits got killed in the making of this movie… a piss poor effort I say.
Chalice
Independant Film Reviewer Person Guy

View article...

23/8/2009 by News & Announcements

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Death Inc Clan, our very own philanthropist =]DI[= fatman is giving away another copy of Left 4 Dead to one lucky replyer in his latest thread on the Death Inc Forums!
Anyone who wants to pick up this fantastic Survivors vs. Infected Zombies game should drop by: http://forums.deathinc.com.au/index.php?topic=6104 and post a reply, citing their reasons for wanting a copy of the game.
Fatman will then select a winner and Steam Gift a copy of Left 4 Dead directly to your account!  So hop to it, reply and win today!

View article...

8/9/2009 by News & Announcements

With Death Inc TF2 Team sitting on the GA ladder at position #27 we are challenging The Older Gamers - Jetfire for position #25 on the ladder. We had Something to prove as we have had a streak of bad luck lately. But it’s time to put an end to that.
Our Team consisted of:
Chalice - Pyro
Smiddi - Soldier
Farmy - Medic
MrX - Medic
[G]azza - Heavy
Cam - Demo
Naf - Engineer
Borat Jr - Scout
Map - 2fort
Date - 9pm 7th September
Our Team arrived on the server on time and worked out the who is playing what and the strats we were using. We were waiting 10 minutes with no sign of TOG to be seen, our Clan Captain Smiddi the good sport he is, said we will give them another 5 minutes before we call it a day. We weren’t to happy about it as we wanted to kick some butt. Anyhow 2 minutes later they all started joining the server.
The strat we used for this map was an Engineer on the battlements and a heavy and pyro to guard the carefully placed sentry and basically, to kill anyone that got past. We had 2 medics with the Demo and Soldier to push forward and get the intel and a scout to cause problems for the other team and help get the Intel.
It was around 10 minutes into the match when we scored our first point. We defended like our own lives were on the line, we done well to defend the 2 ubers pushing forward. Our defence was like a brick wall and our attacking was good but a bit sluggish. We ended up pushing through their defences 4 times to score 4 points. Everyone had a hand in it and we all worked as a team. An honorable mention goes out to the mighty Chalice for holding his point at all times throughout the game until the end when Farmy had an Uber ready and took Chal for the last push. They killed most of their team. It Was a good game had by all and our final score was 4-0 to =]DI[=.
Thanks to all that played and sticking to the match plan.
Well done TOG - Jetfire; your coordinated attacking setup was top stuff.
=]DI[= are now #25 on the GA ladder
MrX

View article...

11/9/2009 by News & Announcements

The first round started very well with a good smoker boom to start things off. Zoe got to half hp before even getting to the second floor!!! After that some fancy car punching scored Reggie the final kill in the first round resulting in a 1000 point lead before the second round started!!!
It was a strong lead but we couldn’t relax just yet, we had another round to go.
Come the second round and it was almost a carbon copy of the first, we were ahead 2500 to 150 points when the other team appeared to just give up. We managed to almost finish the entire campaign without a single death - except for slyke who decided to wrestle a tank and unfortunately got punted off the building.
Final Score:
DeathInc 6826
Team RECORE 329
It was a convincing win and a lot of fun, but a little unsatisfying for us who wanted a more serious challenge.
Many thanks to Team RECORE for the fun game.
Sgt.fatman

View article...

13/9/2009 by News & Announcements

After about 2 mins all players were in the server for both teams. Jstar once learning there 2 be a possible female player on the super villians side began hitting on her, and talking about trance, dance and music. Once he was satisfied we began the match.
The Players for DI were
Brayalex (bomb carrier)
Robbojlr (meat shield)
Jstar (Ladies Man)
Beaverbob (Animal Lover)
Jakes2142 (Capt)
Any Way
DI-Attacking   Sv-Defending
B- We went b first, beaver went down by an expected nade but he was ment to die any way, so we were not fazed, then i was taken down from the middle by a well placed SV, then robbo 3rd as he went chasing after a sv and then found that he was prone around the corner. with a bad decision from me jstar got a kill and i told him to vacate the premises of his building, and unluckily for him there was a SV player waiting for him with lead. Then our last player alex went down somewhere near the b bombsite, leading to a nice first round to the SV.
B- Beaver changed kits and we went for it again, beaver dodged the nade got a kill then died, we pushed into b bombsite quickly now and got the plant down, the remaining 3 SV members had to come across from A and with a strong defense of the bombsite we took them down leading to a round for DI.
A- Taking it slow and watching for nades we moved onto the A bombsite, with some resistance we finally got the plant. With a strong defense we held the a bombsite taking out the last SV players. round to Di.
A- With extreme precision from before, now knowing the positions we moved onto the A bomsite a bit quicker, we took down4 of their players and got the plant, with a good defense from our remaining 3 player we a set up a line, but the SV player somehow sneaked through and nearly killed Jstar , but he was saved by beaver. Round to DI
Brush- This round we attempted to rush b, but since di doesn’t seem to know the meaning of rush it took us over a minute to finally get the plant down, beaver obtaining a useful UAV, but there defense from A came over taking out beaver, then alex and then finally jstar, but luckily for us they were to late to defuse. Round to Di
Arush- With a quickish push into A we got the plant down, but we lost 3 indoing so, the last players went down to a hale of bullet fire from SV and they defused the Bomb. Round to SV
Arush- Wanting to get the Arush win we went for it again, but as to our great displeasure Sv put aup a great defense taking each and every once of us down one by one, with our last player Alex attempting a plant died bravely by a much superior amount of bullets. Round to SV
A- Wanting to get a plant at A we went for it again,. taking down 2 SS members we were happy until we lost 3, with it 3-2 with some more fighting for A i went down taking 1 with me and alex taking another leaving it one on one. With a fake plant to draw out the SV player, they began a desperate gun fight leading to the death of the SV player. Win to Di
Brush- At the start we lost one and with me breaking one of my rules knifed a Sv player and died because of it and then another one of our guyz went down. The last 2 remaining members went down as well. Win for SV
Brush- Actually rushing for once we ran into the b bombsite and got he pant down. With this we set up a storing defense which we held. Win to Di
At this point in the game it was 6-4 to di, but SS had shown us they were no pushovers.
SV-Attacking DI-Defending
1- With a UAV from beaver we saw they were going A and with 2 well place nades we took out3 of their players. They rushed A with the remaining 2 players and took the A bombsite, then they got the plant down. then running into the A bombsite its was 2-2 then i went down, then alex got one and then he got the last SV player and got the defuse. win to di.
2- SV ran into the A bombsite, they took it, they held it, they got the plant, they pwned our defense. Win to SV.
3-Another push by SV into the A bombsite, at this point DI change our defense strat which lead to a win for DI.
4- A fatal nade by a SV member took him out and two of his teammates and after that the reaming 2 sv guyz fell. win to Di
5-With Di pushing forward quickly we made it 4-1, the SV player then went rambo on us taking out a player near A then taking out a player near B. Then to our great surprise we heard the plant being made at A!!! and they got it down, but unluckily for the Sv player our reaming player were there in time to take the Sv player out. The player in question was SV member Popity, it was an extremely well play by the SV member , much respect. Win to Di
6-With another push by SV into A Sv took hold of the a bombsite quickly and got the plant down very quickly. It was 3-3 at this point and our 3 player moved onto the bomsite just as quickly, taking out the 3 SV players and then getting the Defuse. Win to DI. Score 11-5 to DI.
7-Sv changed the their strat a bit, we held A sorta, but it resulted in a win to DI.
8- Sv changed their strat again and  had 3 go A and 2 Go B, which we weren’t expecting and by a beautiful play by SV they took DI out with ease. Win to SV
9-Sv moved quickly onto the A bombsite and got the pant down, once they die di player fell one by one and our sole survivor got to watch fireworks as the bomsite blew up in front of him. win to SV
10- Sv pushed into the A bombsite as shown by our UAV, with it up we took the SV played down ending the match. win to di
Score DI-13  SV-7
Special meantion to popity for that impressive play.
Also man of the match would go to Beaverbob for his 3 or 4 UAV’s that he obtained and by his impressive play on the night as well. SV put up a good fight and impressed the Di players in amny ways, thnx for the game it was FUN!
Jakes2142

View article...

20/9/2009 by Virgil83

Good evening all and welcome to another edition of my editorial.  This evening I’ll be covering some of the developments around the Death Inc Forums this week…
First of all I’m delighted to say that the 3-word-at-a-time Story is still going strong, the thread now into it’s 18th page of replies, all three words of course Smiley  Make sure you drop by the thread and read what’s been written so far!
Also this week, a rousing chorus of support for the popular Battlefield 2 modification “Project Reality” by Farmy, our TF2 Captain, when he made a post specifically to extoll its virtues to Death Inc members who hadn’t get given it a shot.  For all those who are interested, Death Inc is currently fielding a Project Reality Ladder Team, under the direction of Chalice and he will be more than happy to welcome and assist any new players.  Be warned however, the core and levels download files for PR weigh in at a little over 3GB, so check with your hosting provider to see if they offer a “metering free” copy from their servers!
Another interesting development this week was found over at the Recruiting forum section, where anglomanii had put up an application to join the Clan.  This entertaining and informative application post had all the elements to make his entrance into the Clan’s trial phase an incredibly easy one: goat sex talk, crossdressing talk and an overwhelming sense of humour.  Welcome anglomanii to the Clan!
As always, we’re looking for content contributors to write for the Death Inc front page blog.  So if you have something to add, make sure you shoot me a copy and let me know, and I’ll get it up here for you as soon as possible  
Cheers for now!
- Virgil83

View article...

26/9/2009 by Chalice

The sound of the heartbeats from the DeathInc team was coming thru the speakers, almost drowning out speech entirely 3, 2, 1….The battle for Muttrah city has begun and the lives of these ten brave US soldiers would be forever changed by this moment in history.
Bravo squad led by Bageled who has watched spiderman way too many times quickly climbed over the wall and charged to the East attempting to flank the enemy as they dug into the Carpark.
Alpha and Charlie squads decided to challenge each other to a foot race, Sillen and Zoo attempted to trip Damit and Chalice using trip flares, but were eventually foiled when Sillen accidentally hit Zoo in the shin with a shovel and had to stop to kiss it better, making Chalice and Damit the winners of the 2009 Muttrah International Marathon.
Meanwhile Bohica, Noraa and Mandatory forming Delta squad had moved onto the apartment rooftops to cover the carpark and were seen smoking illicit substances and making daisy chains for Noraa to hang off his Machine Gun.
Using a coordinated manouvre they had seen on Saving Private Ryan Bageled, Sponge, Chalice and Damit moved into the Carpark in a pincer like move whilst Sillen and Zoo provided overwatch…the squads moved in, fingers on triggers, hearts racing…sweat dripping into their eyes. “1st floor clear” call comes thru from Chalice…”2nd floor clear” he calls again and then is immediatly ripped to shreds by Noraas MG, who thru his purple haze thought he was a smurf and as he hates smurfs…he killed him.
The lads were perplexed…they were here…but where were the bad guys?
Before they could cap the Carpark…the US base at apartments went neutral…Bohicas squad freaking out now and getting extremely paranoid fell back into the rooms and prepared for death.
Meanwhile the Sillens and Chalice’s squads fell back, located the enemy hiding in an alley spray painting “We Love Allah” on the walls and killed them…took their spray cans and sprayed “Well we dont”.
The boys capped apartments back and with Damit covering the only approach into Carpark, preventing them from reinforcing…until he was owned by 6 men…DeathInc capped Carpark for the round win 58-0
As MEC..the DeathInc lads moved onto Apartments…Bageleds squad again relying on their Spiderman skills roped from rooftop to rooftop and covered the rooms and approaches…preventing the US from reinforcing.
Bravo and Charlie squads comprising of Sillen, Zoo, Damit and Chalice taking a page out of Bageleds spiderman techniques roped up into the Apartment Balconys and proceeded to kill anyone coming up the stairs.
Delta squad who have now moved onto magic mushrooms stayed in carpark apparentely to defend, but instead were trying to lick the soles of their own feet.
DeathInc capped Apartments and held it for along time, but were eventually pushed out by the US team, who then quickly capped the Carpark.
Holding on for dear life the DeathInc team created their own mini fortress in an adjacent building to the Carpark and whilst still in the cap..repelled wave after wave of the evil US team…getting tired of waiting the Deathinc boys launched a counter attack and took control of the Carpark again resulting in a round 2 win for =]DI[= 43-0
Final score Deathinc wins 101-0

View article...

14/10/2009 by Smiddi

With the initial rollout set we were not our usual band of players as a few regulars couldn’t make it. Not to worry, the “ring-ins” were on the team list, knew how to play and could bring a fresh angle on our game-play.
Bang! The gates were open and it was our turn to stop that little cart from being moved. DI was defending in the first round and it didn’t take long for BT to take most of us down. We knew we had a good game on our hands from the start, because BT was only running with 6 players to our 8 and we were already on the back foot.
The cart was moving………..and fast.
We were able to slow it at various stages, but BT had their act together and it showed.
After several check points and 2 to 3 change of stages, BT had 6 points up there sleave. Considering they still were only running with 6 players this was top work by BT (well done).
The teams swapped and DI now had at tough time to beat.
Our initial rollout was slowed considerably by the BT sniper - he was a crack shot.
We knew we needed to change our strategy to win this as we really hadn’t made any significant progress a few minutes into the first stage.
A few or our players swapped kits and we were off. BT put up and amazing fight but the extra two players DI had, started to show its effect. With only about 2 minutes left on the clock we were at the last check point and needed to get the little cart to win the game. Before I knew it we had made it to that check point and the score was 7-6 in DI’s favour.
Reggie and naf played fantastic games, well done guys.
Many thanks to Blood Thirsty, you guys were very strong and had us on the back foot many times.
Smiddi

View article...

5/11/2009 by Smiddi

Match Held - Wed 4th Nov
As we were higher on the ladder and they were challenging all we had to do was to get a draw to win the game. So defence was vital.
We had a fairly water-tight strat, but there was always a chance they would be able to crack our defence…
The countdown was over and the round started.
We filled our positions and battened down the hatches and waited for the 30min time out aiming for a draw. Beast sent through waves of scouts and other Ubered players.  We were able to fend off the onslaughts for the first 10 mins.
There was a call for us to push out, but as our strat had worked so far; Why change it?
The 20min mark had ticked over and they abandoned almost all their defences.  By this stage they clearly knew what we were up to and they had to cap a flag to win. They threw almost all their players at us, but our defence was too strong.
They were using spy’s in a clever way so we thought we’d repay the favour with only about 6 mins left to the game. Gazza was able to take their Intel and made a cap. We were now 1 point up. Something none of us expected. They kept throwing more players at us, and before we know it we had another cap, making it 2-0.
OMG – we were only aiming for a 0-0 score and we were 2 up. Amazing work. With about 3 mins left in quick succession we were able to gain 2 MORE CAPS!!!!
The final score was 4-0 to DI. It was well deserved win. Many thanx to Beast for the great game.
Man of the match would have to be Damit for not leaving his post (and kudos to all the players that held to the game plan and not wandering off). Gazza was simply amazing by being directly responsible for the capping of 4 flags in about 6 mins!!!!
- Smiddi

View article...

12/11/2009 by Smiddi

Match Completed:  Tues 10 Nov 09
TOG – Jetfire v DI
We love GA.
We love how GA cant have a server ready after more that 4 days notice.
We love how after 2 apparent server reboots by GA staff the server still wasn’t up.
We love how this has happened so many times before. Anyways.
The “Plan B” was to create a server to the rules and play on that.
TOG – Jetfire were total gentlemen and let us run with this option.
As we were well behind the official start time by this stage, we quickly jumped in the server and the game was on.
We were protecting the cart in the first round.
We started off with a solid start and held them back for nearly 4 mins to the first cap then we able to hold our own for the second cap for another 3-4 mins.
Second stage I swaped with smiddi for engineer and we held them at the 1st cap for a while which felt good. There spy was dangerous and kept backstabbing our medics and heavy. Our Demos were ferocious in holding them back and our spy (Gazza) was backstabbing them left right and centre.
I was laughing so hard when Gazza scored 4 to 5 backstabs in a row.
Then when they finally capped the 1st cap we were back to our defence for the second cap. The second cap went a little quicker for TOG because they were coming from every opening on the second point and their sniper was causing havoc with our team. Finally they killed all but one and capped the 2nd point. On the third stage 1st cap was our best. The sentry placement and teamwork was the best I have ever seen in my DI TF2 history. We held them for such along time and then finally they had spy and uber destroy my sentry and then it was 4 against 8 so they ended up getting through our defence and get to the 1st cap. TOG done well and got on top of us and capped the last point quicker but we still gave them a run for their money.
At the end of the first round Jetfire had finished the stage in about 26mins (maximum of 30min).
We know it was going to be tough next round when we attack.
The second round started and we had a look around. It seemed like they had forgotten about the cart. We couldn’t see any of them!!
We pilled on the cart and got the show moving. They were there, and at the first checkpoint they had it setup.
Fortunately we were able to clear the area and get the cart over the line.
The next few rounds we slowly pushed through, we definitely didn’t have an easy job, but we were able to make consistent progress.
There was a few minutes left and got it over the line just in the nick of time. There was about 3mins left on the clock!! DI for the win!!
A close game is a good game and this one was close.
Man(s) of the match: Gazza and DonutKing
Many thanks to TOG – Jetfire for using a different server and for the chat after the game.
Like all TOG teams, they are a credit to the gaming community.
- Mr X

View article...

24/12/2009 by Virgil83

That’s right folks, that time of year is upon us again… no, no, not Christmas, that’s tomorrow! Today is Christmas Eve, which means it’s time for the annual Death Inc Christmas Parody!
For those who are new to the concept, each year Death Inc posts up a new take on a classic Christmas song. Last year we re-did “The Night Before Christmas” in a modern gaming style, and this year we’ve turned our hand to “Jingle Bells”, everyone’s snow-filled Christmas favourite…
So without any further ado, I’m delighted to present the 2009 Death Inc Christmas Parody - “Gaming Time, a Battlefield 2 Parody of Jingle Bells”, starring several members of the Death Inc Clan (highlighted in orange):
Gaming time, gaming time,
let’s game it all away…
The best thing about Christmas is
it gives us time to play! Hey!
let’s game it all away…
If you want to celebrate,
We’ll show you the gamers way!
Damit is dashing through Karkand,
In a jeep strapped with C4…
bageled’s in the back,
lobbing grenades right through doors…
Chalice signals to his squad,
the boys dig in to fight…
with bombs and rifles going off,
it’s a bloodshed here tonight!
Oh, gaming time, gaming time,
let’s game it all away…
let’s game it all away…
Point Captures, flags and gibs and blood,
and enemies to slay!
A day or two ago,
I thought I’d take a ride…
And soon young master Dex,
had spawned right by my side…
The APC it stopped on route,
Misfortune seemed our lot…
We hit a damned landmine, got out,
then we both got bloody shot!
let’s game it all away…
let’s game it all away…
Doctor, Medic, Healer, mate,
send some fucking health this way!
The soliders they snapped to,
the war was nearly won…
The orders came down from on high,
Each man shoulder your gun!
The Squad Leaders moved them out,
for a precision strike…
The men although were stunned to find,
the enemy was Mike!
let’s game it all away…
let’s game it all away…
DonutKing! For gods sake please,
Stop the Friendly Fire, hey?
Soon the sounds of battle wained,
Z00111111 and Smiddi they both stood…
Seeing the ground they’d gained,
both agreed that it was good…
A tank rolled into town,
Mr X began to cheer…
Because just like ol’ Santa Claus,
Sammy comes but once a year!
let’s game it all away…
let’s game it all away…
From all us here at Death Inc Clan,
Have a merry Christmas Day!

View article...

7/1/2010 by Smiddi

Now that Christmas and New Years are over, people will slowly start to trickle back into their normal routines…
For Death Inc, this usually means that some of our regular gamers who have been active over the past few weeks will start to quieten down, whereas others will begin to increase their activity.  Either way, as long as your having fun that’s all that matters!
Don’t be surprised if you see some members “take a break” as they move into the new year with school, university, work committments and the like.  For these people we wish them well and they will always have an open door back to Death Inc whenever they want a social game or wish to re-join a team.
For the rest of us, I think we are positioned well to do considerably better than last year.  Don’t be surprised if you see some changes, and as Captains and Members make sure you put forward any ideas you might have for the betterment of the Clan or our teams.
This year will most likely see some new games pop up and Death Inc will continue our strong heritage of embracing games our members want to play both socially and competitively.  At this point, we expect that towards the end of this month (January) most ladders will start back up and our teams should start to reform and commence training and ladder committments.
At the next clan meeting we will all decide on the clan’s direction, so start thinking about where your want your clan to go in 2010!
On a personal note, I am very much looking forward to this year and I know that every one of us will be doing our best to make it a big one for Death Inc!
- Smiddi

View article...

20/1/2010 by Virgil83

As many of the Death Inc members are aware, I’m a bit of a geek… I work in IT, I run an extensive computer network at home and I love Star Trek.  So it didn’t come as much of a surprise to anyone that as soon as the newest game in the Star Trek universe, the MMORPG Star Trek Online was released on Steam along with free access to the open Beta, I bagged it in the time it took to whip out my credit card!
Since that night, I’ve enjoyed several hours of gameplay per day and am really getting into the game.  I’m looking forward to February 3rd (here in Australia) when the full version will be released and open up access to all of the maps, allow promotion beyond Lt. Commander etc, but for the time being I’m busying myself in exploring the limited gameplay that Cryptic Studios has made available in the Beta.
I’m not much for writing game reviews, and given the chance I probably would have had Death Inc’s own creative writing expert, Chalice, take a stab at it for me… However instead, I have come across a pretty accurate and easy to read review of the game that anyone who’s potentially interested in the game should take a read of.  You’ll find it at:  http://gameinformer.com/games/star_trek_online/b/pc/archive/2010/01/15/star-trek-online-the-next-ten-hours.aspx
While I am sure that an online RPG with a Star Trek theme is unlikely to generate mass appeal amongst gamers, for those of you who don’t mind the odd episode of Star Trek, you may find it suitable as a game to add to your play list for this year, and if so, I’ll see you in-game!
- Virgil83

View article...
« Last Edit: 30/07/2012, 07:28 PM by Virgil83 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc