Home   Forum    Forum   Help About Arcade Login Register  

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
29/03/2024, 03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ShoutBox

22/06/2023, 10:15 AM Syklone - ..... hi
18/02/2023, 07:10 PM Damithttps://discord.gg/fYqDFYx
18/02/2023, 07:09 PM Damit - join us on Discord https://discord.com/inv... ite/fYqDFYx
29/11/2022, 12:19 PM BoHiCa - YESSSSSS
26/10/2022, 04:27 PM Victor9-5 - yooooooooooooo!
21/05/2021, 06:19 AM DonutKing - First post
28/08/2020, 08:39 AM Damit - its because we are all on discord now mrx
29/07/2020, 07:42 PM MrX - Its a bit dead round here
29/07/2020, 07:42 PM MrX - Anybody playing COD 
26/03/2020, 10:52 AM Epsoma - Hey Team. Locked down in self isolation. Hope you all are good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick! lets blame "violent" video games again  (Read 11929 times)
abbadonz

Awards Awards Awards
« on: 18/09/2013, 12:22 PM »

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/north-america/washington-dc-navy-yard-shooter-8216obsessed-with-violent-video-games8217-report/story-fnh81jut-1226721583410

At least they blame COD

Z00111111
Legacy Veteran

P.S. I'm Ceiling Cat

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #1 on: 18/09/2013, 12:40 PM »

CoD deserves all blame.

CordlezToaster

"The CordlezToaster Will Chase YOU!"

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #2 on: 18/09/2013, 02:05 PM »

I bet that story is sponsored by the american gun association to divert the publics attention away from gun control laws.

BoHiCa
Clan Vice-Captain

This is my cup of care \_/ oh look its empty!

WWW Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #3 on: 18/09/2013, 03:14 PM »

there is no need for joe public to own and ar15 end of fucking story.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck!
abbadonz

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #4 on: 18/09/2013, 03:19 PM »

150% agree..

Wonder how long its going to take them to realize they cant blame it on anything but their own culture they have created.

They should plaster the faces of the victims on TV and newspaper so they are forced to look at the result of their gun culture...
Less emphasis on the offender, more on the innocent victims.

Deadalus

2 in the pink and 1 in the stink!

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #5 on: 18/09/2013, 03:28 PM »

Agreed, no one needs a semi auto centrefire. I hunt fine with a bolt action, although a semi auto .22lr could come in handy on occasion.
bageled
Veteran Member

Consoles are the future

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #6 on: 19/09/2013, 10:44 AM »

An interesting read on gun control in the states, it's long but well written.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

TLDR for Bohica and Eviserator I grabbed this line from it.

You don’t need an assault weapon for hunting!

Who said anything about hunting? That whole thing about the 2nd Amendment being for sportsmen is hogwash. The 2nd Amendment is about bearing arms to protect yourself from threats, up to and including a tyrannical government.

He says a lot, but it kind of boils down to this. "Guns are here and aren't going anywhere. The best way to stop madmen with guns, is give sane people guns." If you think that's wrong, read the article, it's a compelling argument from a guy who knows his stuff.

Dex
AWARD: BitchSlapper Extraordinaire (18 Sep 10)
Legacy Veteran

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #7 on: 19/09/2013, 11:16 AM »

gun control worked in australia... so the whole "guns are here to stay" argument is not entirely true. Although i do believe it can be a very bad thing to give the government so much power over its citizens and not give them anything to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. Whether this argument holds up in a western/developed society, I'm not sure... It is certainly true in places like Syria...

This 3 part series is pretty awesome. It is on gun control in australia vs the US

bageled
Veteran Member

Consoles are the future

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #8 on: 19/09/2013, 11:57 AM »

Dex the thing you're missing is that Australia is not the US. Even if you overlook the fact that the country is saturated with weapons and has been for hundreds of years, the right to bear arms is in their constitution. It's a law as old as Australia specifically saying in the US, you can have a gun. That's a heck of a lot different from rounding up a couple of thousand rifles in Australia because of some nut job in Tasmania.
Besides buy back have been tried in the US, and they didn't work. The net effect was to increase the value of certain weapons because buy backs made the ones people kept collectors items.

Z00111111
Legacy Veteran

P.S. I'm Ceiling Cat

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #9 on: 19/09/2013, 12:25 PM »

I'd argue America already has a tyrannical government, the citizens just don't seem to realise it. They pretty much get to do what they want, contract companies they own, and treat the citizens like dirt.

Dex
AWARD: BitchSlapper Extraordinaire (18 Sep 10)
Legacy Veteran

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #10 on: 19/09/2013, 12:33 PM »

Yeah, that is fair enough, and I understand the significance of the constitution, but it is not the be-all and end all of what should be done. I'm not saying gun control should be increased in the US, or that automatic weapons should be taken away from people, but just because it was written on a piece of paper in 1971, doesn't mean it is inherently right.

I don't live in the US, so it is not for me to say what should be done there, however something probably should be done with all the fatalities. Whether it be gun control like in australia, or making guns more accessible to the rest of the US population so that if anyone was to fire on someone, they'd be dead before they shot the second person, I don't know.

People shouldn't be so caught up in the past that they neglect to see the changing environment. The second amendment was written when full auto machine guns didnt exist. Times are changing, people (and laws) need to change with them.

abbadonz

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #11 on: 19/09/2013, 01:03 PM »

holy jesus fuckballs.. that was a massive read!
i did manage to get through it and i found a few things i didnt like, i did 100% agree with these quotes and i think these steps + proper education and regular free mental health their problem would subside

Think about it. You are a violent, homicidal madman, looking to make a statement and hoping to go from disaffected loser to most famous person in the world. The best way to accomplish your goals is to kill a whole bunch of people.

They should not be glamorized. They should be hated, despised, and forgotten.

some very informative points in there but hes trying to use the whole "fight fire with fire" argument.

Splints
Veteran Member

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #12 on: 19/09/2013, 01:39 PM »

The media always calls the civilian owned AR-15 as an Assault Rifle. It's not.
The AR stands for Armalite Rifle, Armalite being the company that made it.
An Assault Rifle is a full automatic capable weapon used by Military/Police Forces. Civilians can purchase a "Assault Rifle" in America but it's takes lot's of paper work, a different license and a shitload of money. An M-16 is around $16,000.
(Sorry, this is just something that annoys me when I see it on TV, also when people call magazines "Clips")

I've been shooting a few time when I was younger at a Gun Range and I really enjoyed it and as much as I would love to own an M1 Garand, I'd rather have a country where mass shooting sprees don't occur on a regular bases.

America has some serious issues and it's going to take along time for it to get better over there.
Just for starters they need to stop blaming violent Movies/Games.
Pump a shitload of money into Mental Health.
Change up their drug laws, legalize most drugs = tax dollars + taking away the main reason people are killing each other.
Stop being so quick to use violence, it seems like human life is not very valuable over there.

Plus how the media handles it needs to change as well.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Stc42j4Nz2w?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

« Last Edit: 19/09/2013, 01:50 PM by Splints » Logged

CordlezToaster

"The CordlezToaster Will Chase YOU!"

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #13 on: 19/09/2013, 02:37 PM »

Just rewrite the constitution.

Its not like we still uphold the laws of caveman in todays society, it was writtens years ago and is time for a refresh.

Deadalus

2 in the pink and 1 in the stink!

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #14 on: 19/09/2013, 02:58 PM »

The media always calls the civilian owned AR-15 as an Assault Rifle. It's not.
The AR stands for Armalite Rifle, Armalite being the company that made it.
An Assault Rifle is a full automatic capable weapon used by Military/Police Forces. Civilians can purchase a "Assault Rifle" in America but it's takes lot's of paper work, a different license and a shitload of money. An M-16 is around $16,000.
(Sorry, this is just something that annoys me when I see it on TV, also when people call magazines "Clips")

I've been shooting a few time when I was younger at a Gun Range and I really enjoyed it and as much as I would love to own an M1 Garand, I'd rather have a country where mass shooting sprees don't occur on a regular bases.

America has some serious issues and it's going to take along time for it to get better over there.
Just for starters they need to stop blaming violent Movies/Games.
Pump a shitload of money into Mental Health.
Change up their drug laws, legalize most drugs = tax dollars + taking away the main reason people are killing each other.
Stop being so quick to use violence, it seems like human life is not very valuable over there.

Plus how the media handles it needs to change as well.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Stc42j4Nz2w?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Exactly, MAGAZINES ARE NOT CLIPS (looks at psycho) it shits me every time someone calls a mag a clip.
M16 (military version)= Assault rifle it has semi and auto capabilities
AR15 (civilian version)= Only semi automatic no auto

You can buy an automatic in america easy as long as it was registered and made before 1986. They cannot be imported from outside the United States, and can no longer manufacture and/or register new/existing full auto weapons with the federal government.

So its like semi automatics in australia, what ever many were in the country as of 1996 stay in the country and its all we got in circulation and cant import anymore.

Basically i believe america needs to adopt our gun laws but that will be very hard for them to accept.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc