Home   Forum    Forum   Help About Arcade Calendar Gallery Gallery Gallery Gallery Login Register  

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
17/01/2018, 02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ShoutBox

15/01/2018, 09:50 PM Darkkalen - This thing on?
08/12/2017, 08:42 PM Deadalus - FUCK FUCK FUCK
07/12/2017, 05:57 PM BoHiCa - Well that didnt work lol sorry for interruptions. but if we can move to the new version it will fix 
05/12/2017, 11:20 PM BoHiCa - I wouldn't do that, I have and broke shit....
05/12/2017, 04:40 PM Syklone - Testing test test
27/11/2017, 07:08 PM BoHiCa -I see you Ep Wink

23/11/2017, 09:19 PM Darkkalen -Yay!
23/11/2017, 07:57 AM BoHiCa -Happy Birthdya MrMagic !! Hope you like your present Wink

22/11/2017, 11:23 PM MrMagic -YAY!

07/09/2017, 07:41 PM Number One -Good bye forums... You've been fun. I love all of you guys that I've played with over the years and I will miss this part of our lives that was so much a center to it. but lets all get a little more out of Discord and I hope to see you all there.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick! lets blame "violent" video games again  (Read 5447 times)
Syklone
AWARD: THE AI-FONDLER (27 Nov 2010)
Legacy Veteran

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #30 on: 20/09/2013, 08:12 PM »

"the right to arms' was written in American history for just that. Back in the day, police and militia and the olé us army was thin. Indians could kill you, a bear could rape you and north vs south was still raw. So, to ensure the safety of America, it branched away from European traditional laws and granted the' right to bare arms' in the chance to protect its American values back then.

Fast forward to today and usa has no civil enemies, and is now an enemy to itself. Outside enemies would be suicidal as a nuke would fuck that up for everyone.

What really needs to occur is to readdress the rights. Why is it so important to now day bare arms? If there is no reason other than personal self defense, than get rid of them. If a country had little firearms per capita than shootings would drop. Imho.

This space for rent.
Deadalus

2 in the pink and 1 in the stink!

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #31 on: 20/09/2013, 09:37 PM »

States with more guns and can legally carry a side arm where ever you go have less crime and murders than states with less guns... Gun free zones in america have the highest crime/murder rates and that's a proven fact.
mandatory05

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #32 on: 20/09/2013, 09:56 PM »

States with more guns and can legally carry a side arm where ever you go have less crime and murders than states with less guns... Gun free zones in america have the highest crime/murder rates and that's a proven fact.

I would argue that's because criminals would go to the places with the least amount of guns to commit their crimes. There is no good solution, people are gonna die in the process because they've fucked up their own country by not acting fast enough. Australia did the "right" thing by acting swiftly before our population skyrockets and guns are "domesticated". America is fuuuuckkkeeeddddd.

Splints: "Mandy is a girls name"

Deadalus

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #33 on: 20/09/2013, 10:07 PM »

I would argue that's because criminals would go to the places with the least amount of guns to commit their crimes. There is no good solution, people are gonna die in the process because they've fucked up their own country by not acting fast enough. Australia did the "right" thing by acting swiftly before our population skyrockets and guns are "domesticated". America is fuuuuckkkeeeddddd.

Kinda of on the ball, carrying side arms evens out the playing field so no one bothers risking being slow on the trigger. You can have a 60 year old lady and a 20 year old bloke without sidearms, the 20 year old bloke would easily bash and rob an old lady, where as if they both have sidearms they each have the same chance if u get what i mean. That's why those states permit you to carry where ever you go thus have a very low crime rate.
Budh
« Reply #34 on: 21/09/2013, 07:48 AM »

I,d rather live in a place that you are able to carry a side arm for your personal protection than be a little nobody and be dictated upon by the government the reason they still have guns is becuase there National rifle association is a whole lot bigger than their government and thus has the power to dictate there terms which if all the gun owners in Australia acted as one then we would have a better chance of keeping our  weapons and it only took 1 fuckhead tasmanian to do it for us ........My thoughts move to Canada and live the way you should in peace and protection.
DonutKing
AWARDED - MR DEATH INC 2010 - FOR GAYEST PICTURE IN A THREAD
Legacy Veteran

I could fit two of you in my jeans. Idiot.

WWW Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #35 on: 21/09/2013, 08:03 AM »

I remember reading about this after that theater shooting a year or two ago.

Turned out that there were a couple of people in the audience that had concealed sidearms but none of them had the balls to pull their weapon and use it.
Basically everyone said that was a good thing as given the circumstances it was most likely that an innocent would have been caught in the crossfire.

I'm against civilians being able to own and carry weapons. It just takes one untrained idiot trying to be a hero to kill a bystander or escalate the situation. America has such a huge amount of gun crime, if its two black dudes killing each other in the ghetto it usually doesn't even get reported. The greater availability of legal guns makes it much easier for the criminals to obtain illegal guns as well. I don't believe that civilian gun ownership acts as a deterrent either, America still has a significant gun crime rate even in states with concealed carry laws.

You have to realise that the USA has a huge social-economic problem where the lower class are increasingly disadvantaged, due to poor social security, healthcare and education and end up turning to a life of crime because they see no other alternative. Yet the rich keep on getting richer.

The whole NRA thing is symptomatic of a greater social issue in America where rich corporations are becoming increasingly powerful, and basically buy the government's support for their own agendas, and in turn increase the ever widening class divide. This is not something we should strive to emulate.
« Last Edit: 21/09/2013, 08:07 AM by DonutKing » Logged

cowcar

naf once tried to moleste me

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #36 on: 21/09/2013, 08:06 AM »

Perhaps they need it for the aliens they found  while faking the moon landings?

lol i dunno man its just what ive been hearing around town

This had me intrigued.  So i did some looking into it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9313_United_States_ammunition_shortage

Budh
« Reply #37 on: 21/09/2013, 09:24 AM »

The illegal firearms in this country are commonly available if you know the right people and there is no way of stopping it .Yes i have been offered different weapons at times and its very tempting but i'm not going to jail for it now that the amnesty has finished its a very very thin line to walk if you get caught with one .
mandatory05

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #38 on: 21/09/2013, 11:23 AM »

I,d rather live in a place that you are able to carry a side arm for your personal protection than be a little nobody and be dictated upon by the government the reason they still have guns is becuase there National rifle association is a whole lot bigger than their government and thus has the power to dictate there terms which if all the gun owners in Australia acted as one then we would have a better chance of keeping our  weapons and it only took 1 fuckhead tasmanian to do it for us ........My thoughts move to Canada and live the way you should in peace and protection.

I don't really agree, but then that's why it's an opinion. I think we all have to acknowledge the fucktards that will ruin it for the rest of us, but being able to carry a gun never justifies the loss of life because of people going ape and killing some. At the end of the day, it's the selfishness of the majority that is resulting in the deaths of innocents over there, and I'm happy it's fucking hard to get a gun here, because I know I wouldn't want the fundamentalists that live next door to me to own one.

Splints: "Mandy is a girls name"

sandman_aus
« Reply #39 on: 21/09/2013, 12:12 PM »

I only read pg 1 as I couldnt assed going further, but have those putting forward the idea of gun control considered the following?:
1. What was the weapon actually used?
2. Was the weapon registered to ANYONE or originated from the Black-market, having NEVER passed through channels where 'gun controls' would have affected his access to it?
3. What % of gun crime, espeacially multiple murders, here or in the US, is actually committed using legitimate weapons in the hands of their owners. (apart from non-premeditated spousicide, as that can just a easily be committed using a butter-knife, toothbrush or a rolled up phone-book)

The way I look at it, if crims & crazies want guns they WILL get them, & there essentially NOTHING we can do to stamp it out. (Anyone for some coke or heroin?). This considered, if the guns have to be illegally imported because theres nothing locally on offer, what type of weapon are they going to choose to import??? Bolt action center-fires? NO. Semi-auto rimfires? NO. 6 shooter revolvers? NO. They are going to bring in the best shit, with the highest rate of fire & biggest magazines they can acquire cheaply... and then where are we, since we've given up a majority of our legitimate weapons?

In the next 20 years, with the number of LEGAL immigrants of a certain religious persuasion flooding into Australia, 'yall gonna be wishing to hell we had still had a few more guns floating around. (and before anyone has a whinge, I HATE every religion EQUALLY, ask Crypto, its just that 1 religion treats life a little more cheaply & wishes to force its archaic laws on others a little more then the others at this current point in history)
« Last Edit: 21/09/2013, 12:18 PM by sandman_aus » Logged
Deadalus

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #40 on: 21/09/2013, 02:07 PM »

I don't really agree, but then that's why it's an opinion. I think we all have to acknowledge the fucktards that will ruin it for the rest of us, but being able to carry a gun never justifies the loss of life because of people going ape and killing some. At the end of the day, it's the selfishness of the majority that is resulting in the deaths of innocents over there, and I'm happy it's fucking hard to get a gun here, because I know I wouldn't want the fundamentalists that live next door to me to own one.

lol not hard to get a gun here brother, yes there is a process to get them LEGALLY and its not hard. I could go pick up an illegal chinese made ak-47 for $10,000 and be home within an hour (i dont have the money lol) but i wouldn't buy it even if i had the cash because i simply don't need one, i have bolt action center fires and rim fires and they do the job just fine for what they are intended for. Any murders with guns in this country in this day and age are done with illegally acquired guns not legitimately bought and registered guns.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to add this. It is very hard to legally acquire and register a semi-automatic here
« Last Edit: 21/09/2013, 02:15 PM by Eviscerator7 » Logged
bageled
Veteran Member

Consoles are the future

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #41 on: 21/09/2013, 02:53 PM »

Turned out that there were a couple of people in the audience that had concealed sidearms but none of them had the balls to pull their weapon and use it.
Basically everyone said that was a good thing as given the circumstances it was most likely that an innocent would have been caught in the crossfire.

I'd be interested to see your source for that Donut. The articles I read none of them mention that the audience was armed. What I did find was that the theatre was the only one in the area that had a no guns rule, so the chances of the audience actually being armed is pretty slim.

kesawi

Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #42 on: 21/09/2013, 03:17 PM »

LOL, hit the nail right on the head. They've had 2 presidents assassinated by guns, don't forget Linchon was gunned down as well.
Regan was also shot during by a guy who was trying to impress Jodie Foster, although he survived.

red espionage
« Reply #43 on: 21/09/2013, 04:27 PM »

Our laws are tighter. it states in swiss law they dont need a permit to buy a firearm off another person (another licensed holder not a gun shop). In Aus you need to take the firearm to a firearms dealer aka shop and they fill in a transfere paper. they then transfere it to another shop or house the firearm there for the new purchaser to pick up, all firearms need a permit to aquire in australia which can take anywhere between 1 day to 30. First firearm permit takes 28 days. Switzland doesnt require a permit for each firearm. In switzerland purchasing black power requires details of address ect, in australia you need to show your license (gun license that is) for any purchase whether is packeted ammunition or un primed brass casings.

Gun related crimes in australia are mainly between criminal hangs hitting each other so that should be no bearing on tightening laws here as those criminals more than likely would have procured those firearms in an illegitimate way.

Now i dont think firearms specifically are the problem in america but the people and the system that governs it is incredibly at fault. In certain states anything under a 30 cal doesnt need to be registered. For you who are unaware what this means is basically you could have an AR platform rifle or 20 and the government wouldnt even know, great for criminal groups not good for those caught in between.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LTQFtNLvcl8?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The President of the USA was shot by a sniper rifle. If that on it's own will not change the law on types of guns and gun ownership, nothing fucking will.  Cool

Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone, and that Jack Ruby also acted alone when he killed Oswald before he could stand trial. Who was Jack Ruby?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby

Oswald 'bought' the rifle with some forged IDs thing is, the serial number stamped on the rifle istelf was completely unique as in it was untracable.
Oswald was a former U.S. Marine who defected to the Soviet Union in October 1959. He lived in the Soviet Union until June 1962, at which time he returned to the United States.

Dont use an assassination on a US president to push the argument cos this particular one is very grey.

Back on topic:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/19028173/call-for-game-rating-overhaul/?cmp=ob

Idiot parents complaining about an R18+ game. Clearly not for children, solution dont want your kids to play it? dont let them.
« Last Edit: 21/09/2013, 04:51 PM by red espionage » Logged
DonutKing
AWARDED - MR DEATH INC 2010 - FOR GAYEST PICTURE IN A THREAD
Legacy Veteran

I could fit two of you in my jeans. Idiot.

WWW Awards Awards Awards
« Reply #44 on: 22/09/2013, 09:14 AM »

I'd be interested to see your source for that Donut. The articles I read none of them mention that the audience was armed. What I did find was that the theatre was the only one in the area that had a no guns rule, so the chances of the audience actually being armed is pretty slim.

I must have got my wires crossed with something else because it appears you are correct.
I did find this interesting article though

http://gawker.com/5928510/six-dumb-arguments-were-hearing-about-the-aurora-shooting

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc